“A decent cup of joe”

New Moon Cafe
Ranked #37 of 171 Restaurants in Oshkosh
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I love the staff here at the Blue moon. they have always been friendly and have decent coffee to boot. If you have a chance go in and get a cup.

1  Thank Tony K
There are newer reviews for New Moon Cafe

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I enjoyed the cafe and the presentation of it. The inside was well-decorated and it smelled heavenly. The food and beverages were decent, but I think they were a bit pricy for what you got. The muffins were a bit dry, though it might've been because they weren't fresh when I went there. I went in the evening and there was jazz playing. It was nice to sit and relax and listen to some jazz music. I would say quality-wise the New Moon is on par with most other cafes --- not better and not worse.

1  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Although I don't consider myself a vegan, I often eat vegan food because I don't like dairy products and most meats. I discovered New Moon shortly after moving here a few years ago and now consider myself a regular customer. The staff has always been helpful and answers any questions about menu selections. My favorites are the chili, the vegan burrito, and some of the sandwiches made without meat or cheese. I think the owner/manager is a vegan who understands how to prepare good food without dairy and meat.

I don't drink much coffee so I can't comment on the coffee. However, the teas are excellent. Red Berry, Moroccan Mint, and Ginger are my favorites. Red Berry iced tea tastes good on a hot summer day. I sometimes buy an ounce or two of loose tea to take home.

Finally, the atmosphere is what makes New Moon so appealing. I like the comfy sofas arranged for conversation and the tables located next to the plants by the windows. The artwork changes monthly (I think), and it's fun to see what's on display. Be sure to also watch the bulletin board to see what entertainment is planned for the future.

1  Thank Em649
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Interesting choices in food. Had the chicken salad sanwich on "berry" bread. It was served with 2 sides: a 100 calorie bag of hummus chips and 1/4 of an orange. I wasn't sure about it, but it was actually quite tasty! I'm glad I went. Italian soda, ice cream, coffee, and all natural bakery. The atmosphere is fantastic. Kind of a "trendy", "eclectic" place. Some might refer to it as more of a "hippie" place. In any case, the food is good, well prepared (no microwave), and worth the price. I'll be going back.

1  Thank Eric R
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The coffee drink was made absolutely perfect, but the coffee they use is Victor Allen's. The coffee was over roasted and lacked the subtle flavors of a good espresso.
The staff was very friendly and the drink was prepared quickly! I just wish they had better coffee.

1  Thank pcguy74

Been to New Moon Cafe? Share your experiences!