“Far from Mexican”

Pasadena, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Far from Mexican”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We are here for the air show from California and craving Mexican food. This was not it! They served what tasted like baged chips with what tasted like crushed tomatoes, not salsa. I ordered the chicken enchiladas with green sauce and they charged me extra for the sauce, without telling me they would do so. These were a little chicken rolled in a tortilla with sauce thrown on top. I would not recomend this place to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jan S

Naples, Florida
“Tex Mex Really?”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If it weren't for the pleasant nature of the employees, I would call this place a disaster. The food was tasteless and unimaginable. The margarita was a positive note. The place was very busy and service did lack.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChristieAK
Sturgeon Bay
“Choose lousy service or mediocre food or screaming kids.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went there for lunch on Saturday. I was expecting 'authentic' Mexican food.The place has 2 eating areas, we were put in the back area. Had to move to the front as a screaming toddler was ruling the family and the room. I know not the restaurants fault but the service was hit or miss at best. The food is where we were really disappointed. They did not tell me I had to pay extra for shredded beef. It was full of fat pieces, the taste was bland and the chile relleno did not have a batter coating that is the usual way it is prepared. The food was lukewarm and they put ground beef on top of my tamale. My husband is not a picky eater and he was very disappointed in his enchilada. I will say one positive. I liked the refried beans.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Victoria B
Omro, Wisconsin, United States
“Will Definitely Go Back”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised!! We ordered a shrimp entree and chirizo/pollo dish. Food was great!! Nice variety on the menu and provides guests with plenty of options, even for children. Love the murals on the wall. Fast service, good portions for prices, authentic, and complimentary chips/salsa. What's there not to be happy about!!?? Will Definitely Go Back!!!

• Visited March 2013
“Look No Further...”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

If you like great Mexican food try this place. The food and service are always great. They treat us like family and our kids love going. The rest of the Mexican restaurants in Oshkosh just don't compare!

1 Thank AAwa