“Oshkosh's hidden treasure” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Vintage - CLOSED

The Vintage
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Description: The Vintage restaurant offers a delectable dining experience in the Oshkosh area. We serve a large selection of fine wines and a choice cuisine in an elegant, relaxing atmosphere.
Wisconsin
“Oshkosh's hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

It's the best restaurant in Oshkosh, but hardly anyone knows about it. They don't do much advertising. You will not be dissappointed.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank IzzoQuazzo

Berlin, Wisconsin
“Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I re-visited and not much had changed. We were quickly seated and our serverer arrived right on que. That is where the service ended. A total of 4 other tables were seated after us, one 45 minutes later and they all received their food, dessert, check and left before we even had finished our meal. Carbon copy of our first visit!

Food was great but the wait was unbearable, not to return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank foodhunter59703
Stephanie B, Manager at The Vintage, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We would like to find out some more information on your dining experience with us. Can you please email us directly at info@thevintagedining.com so we can discuss this further? We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your comments and feedback.
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Very Dissatisfied”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was very excited to eat at the Vintage. The online menu listed a white truffle risotto that I was dying to try. Imagine my disappointment when I got to the restaurant and this dish wasn’t on the menu. I am not a picky eater, or a food snob, but when I pay higher prices for dinner, I have an expectation that the flavors are going to explode in my mouth. This didn’t happen here. I found the food to be disappointing over all. The seafood chowder was sour tasting as though the chef tried to balance out the acidity in it and it failed. There was no hint of mango - habanera in the sauce as the description on the menu had indicated in the lobster ravioli. Though the crab cakes were good, I’d rather have less breading and more crab than these cakes had to offer. The Jamaican Coconut kabobs were good, but they were hit and miss in the spiciness of a true Jamaican dish. The service was very good, but that’s not enough of a reason for me to return to a restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie B, Manager at The Vintage, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We do want to apologize for the issues you experienced. With the limited menu that we offer we do switch our menu up weekly. We do hope that you will give us another chance to show what a good restaurant we are.
Fond du Lac, WI
“Second time around was even better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We visited the Vintage again for a birthday. The food quality, preparation and presentation was all terrific! Even a step up from last time. The service was also impeccable. Great wine list. For the more adventurous I recommend the 5-course offering. It is totally chef's choice, with wine pairing if desired. You have no idea what you will get until it comes (they do ask about allergies). I enjoyed every dish and the wine pairing was great with every one.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank frances564
Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The wine list alone makes a return trip a necessity. Add the menu and it becomes a no brainer! The service was handled well, no unnecessary interruptions. All-in-all a pleasant experience.

• Visited March 2013