“Horrible Sunday Buffet”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have gone to Kodiak Jacks twice for their Sunday Brunch Buffet. Both times we left very disappointed and hungry. The breakfast buffet had cold food and uncooked food. I would elaborate, however I want to comment on my experience yesterday, for Mother's Day. My husband took our family and his parents to Kodak Jacks for their Mother's Day buffet. Within 5 minutes of being seated a waitress dropped her tray of drinks all over the floor which splashed up and got all 6 of us wet. I can look past, however when it came to the food - HORRIBLE! The food was cold (and we had the earliest reservation possible - 10:30). I watched staff bring more food out and just dump it on top of the old food.

To top this off, my husband had a long blonde strand of hair in his tenderloin tips (which were cold BTW), then my daughter had another piece of hair in her dessert. Their excuse, it's a buffet. Um, not when the hair is actually in the food vs. on top of the food. Either way, it shouldn't matter. No one could eat after that point so our dining experience was complete.

Bottom Line - we are done eating here. It was a horrible Mother's Day experience and a huge waste of $120.

3  Thank stluka79

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Was there recently to celebrate a family members promotion. The salad bar was fresh, and not only that but they have two of them! Entrée was walleye, and it was cooked perfectly. Decor is a combination of hunting club and supper club. Staff was friendly and attentive.

Would visit again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Repeat customer. Went for the Sunday Brunch today (Sun 9am-1:30pm). Good food, nice variety, pleasing presentation. They serve lunch and dinner. The dinner menu is not to be missed. I like adding the endless soup and salad bar to my meal for $3.99. The "backwoods" atmosphere is visually interesting and adds to the rustic, yet classy, dining experience. No restaurant is without its occasional errors as other reviewers have pointed out, but I have always had a consistently pleasant experience here. If you are from out-of-town, you really need to check this place out. Don't be surprised if there's a wait. A plastic lobster beeper will let you know when your table is ready. The staff has been attentive to my requests regarding the food, and have told me several times that they appreciated my input afterwards. It made me feel like they are interested in improving their quality and service to the customers. I'll be going back....

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stopped at Kodiak Jacks on Saturday, we asked how long the wait would be, she said "15 minutes" we waited at the bar and ordered water. Bartenders seemed upset that we were not drinking. THe couple sitting next to us, said they were told 15 minutes, they had been waiting for 45. We waited almost an hour. The waitress was rude and very rushy, food was dry, over cooked, even the rice or spuds. If the wait is 15 minutes, sit us in 15 minutes, please dont lie. Kodiak Jacks is lying.

1  Thank tundra392
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We decided to have our Easter brunch here for a family of 4. We had reservations for 1pm, only to be sat at 2:15. I understand they were busy, but planning is key for any big holiday. The food served for Easter Brunch I have to say was awful at best. Fried chicken nuggets, some type of fried shrimp, over cooked pasta for the beef tips, all turned out to be a disaster. The "ham" they were serving looked like it was that of canned hormel ham tossed with some pineapple and cherries. The only positive thing out of poor experience was they had 2 buffet lines going to quickly serve everyone. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for better quality food as it seems to be all pre-made, frozen items that can be found most anywhere.

3  Thank TravelWII