“It is what is it. Need I say more”
Review of Applebee's

Ranked #127 of 169 Restaurants in Oshkosh
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Neenah
“It is what is it. Need I say more”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

If you want a reasonably priced lunch or dinner with a wide selection and good service, Applebees is a good choice. These 'chain' restaurants aren't my cup of tea, but we've eaten a few Applebees and they are solid and consistent.

Upper Michigan
“very good as usual”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

definately good food for the value, on time and very good.

“Applebee's is always nice.”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We had a newer server, but she was nice. The server helping her had a low cut blouse On that left nothing to the imagination and would have been better at hooters. My husband even commented "I guess she is really working for tips". 2 for 20 is a nice program. They used to have delicious fajitas, but now they are spicy and not good at all. I have 3-4 items I always pick from and they are good. This is a good meal at a decent price, not great!

Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watch out for very hot plates, overcooked or undercooked food.”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Service was decent. We had a newer server, but she was polite and attentive. Caution: the plates are very hot! Our server did tell us this when she brought out the food. The problem is the way the food was cooked. My mom's steak was undercooked, so the server had to take it back and have the cooks regrill it, which took a lifetime! In addition, our server had to get silverware for us from the kitchen, as the host had run out. of it! The other food (soup, burgers, and fries) was overcooked, with tthe chili looking very dry and not appetizing in the least. My final verdict: staff are friendly and eager to please. The food is subpar, but the portions are large. I would only stop there again only if I wanted the All you can eat lunch. They also have decent drinks. They had the music turned up so loud, I could barely hear anything but! Some servers were wisecracking by the bar, with a few comments probably best not heard by the customers.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank bluemarley
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“how does it stay in business?”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Stopped by mid-afternoon. Not very busy. However, management (? ) has a peculiar practice. They make customers wait, despite open tables---I counted 7 open tables, and waited 15 minutes to be seated. I asked the waiter why the wait with open tables,who said they delay seating to avoid backlogs (?). Makes no sense, wasting customer time, and watching people milling at the entrance in clear view of empty tables. Waitress was excellent, and she tried despite a slow kitchen delivery. Ordered chicken wings, which were overcooked dry, and tasteless. No sauces could improve the meal.
How does a restaurant stay in service with such poor delivery and seating is a real question....

• Visited February 2011