“Applebee's is always nice.”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #105 of 175 Restaurants in Oshkosh
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We had a newer server, but she was nice. The server helping her had a low cut blouse On that left nothing to the imagination and would have been better at hooters. My husband even commented "I guess she is really working for tips". 2 for 20 is a nice program. They used to have delicious fajitas, but now they are spicy and not good at all. I have 3-4 items I always pick from and they are good. This is a good meal at a decent price, not great!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Service was decent. We had a newer server, but she was polite and attentive. Caution: the plates are very hot! Our server did tell us this when she brought out the food. The problem is the way the food was cooked. My mom's steak was undercooked, so the server had to take it back and have the cooks regrill it, which took a lifetime! In addition, our server had to get silverware for us from the kitchen, as the host had run out. of it! The other food (soup, burgers, and fries) was overcooked, with tthe chili looking very dry and not appetizing in the least. My final verdict: staff are friendly and eager to please. The food is subpar, but the portions are large. I would only stop there again only if I wanted the All you can eat lunch. They also have decent drinks. They had the music turned up so loud, I could barely hear anything but! Some servers were wisecracking by the bar, with a few comments probably best not heard by the customers.

1  Thank bluemarley
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Stopped by mid-afternoon. Not very busy. However, management (? ) has a peculiar practice. They make customers wait, despite open tables---I counted 7 open tables, and waited 15 minutes to be seated. I asked the waiter why the wait with open tables,who said they delay seating to avoid backlogs (?). Makes no sense, wasting customer time, and watching people milling at the entrance in clear view of empty tables. Waitress was excellent, and she tried despite a slow kitchen delivery. Ordered chicken wings, which were overcooked dry, and tasteless. No sauces could improve the meal.
How does a restaurant stay in service with such poor delivery and seating is a real question....

1  Thank hector15
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I've been to several Appelbee's around Wisconsin and other states. Usually it's all the same with bland food and bad service. But I went to Applebee's In Oshkosh and found their food to be full of flavor and the service could not have been better! The food was hot and quick and still full of taste.

Reviewed November 18, 2008