“Love it here!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Love it here!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I love going here. The staff are all exceptionally nice. And the food is delicious. If you go here, try the hibachi, it is loads of fun. Also they make it fun for people when it is their birthday. Different colored lights go off and they sing. Eating here often, I have gotten the privilege to meet the owners, and they work very hard to make Sakura one of the best restaurants in Oshkosh. Always an excellent experience when I visit!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ASamIAm

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect date place!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I came in for our anniversary dinner for the hibachi. The waitstaff immediately told me how great we looked and then asked what the occasion was. We told her it was our anniversary and she congratulated us. Dinner was INCREDIBLE! I had such a great time watching the chef cook at the hibachi table, it was so much fun. Then they brought us a fried ice cream, also delicious, and everyone who worked there came up an congratulated us on our anniversary. Such wonderful people and food.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Steph O
Appleton, Wisconsin, USA
“Amazing sushi, exceptional service.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My fiancee and I have been here several times now, and it is now our favorite restaurant. I am very picky about sushi as I do not usually like grocery store sushi or "sushi buffets" and I have eaten sushi and sashimi all over the country. That being said, I did not expect a brand new restaurant in Oshkosh to have better sushi than what I have had in San Diego and New york. The sushi chef at Sakura really blew me away. Not only are the prices a lot better than the big city sushi restaurants, it is the best sushi i've ever eaten. They also occasionaly will bring you a free tasting of off-menu sushi and it is to die for. You can obviously tell that the fish used is extremely fresh and nothing at all is frozen here. Did i mention the plating is gorgeous? I mean it looks like something you would see from an iron chef. The service is also fantastic. The second your drink is half full they will already be at your table for a refill. And Kelly, one of the waitstaff (and i assume also a manager) is extremely friendly and loves the food as well. I took my mother and father here and they are the grocery store made california roll type of sushi eaters. I ordered them some raw rolls and they loved them, and proceded to order more of them. My mother kept exclaiming, "oh my god is this good" and you could almost see tears in her eyes. They were blown away. Just hands down the best restaurant I've ever been to, and it will be a sad sad day if this place ever goes under.

• Visited November 2012
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Excellent Sushi”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything was excellent. I had the Box lunch, and my friend had the Sashimi lunch and it was excellent. Presention was beautiful.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank cosmo930
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Fun Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked a table for 10 to try out the Hibachi. Over half of my friends and family have never eaten it before and was a bit nervous because Sakura was a new restaurant in town. Our dinner was very enjoyable and have not laughed that much in a long time. During the service of dinner our Chef was cracking jokes and squirting sake in our mouths. The food was very good and I also ordered sushi for an appetizer. It was perfect and fresh. Would go back and the prices were good.

• Visited October 2012