“Surprisingly good!!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Surprisingly good!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My trip to Oshkosh wasn't planned so I couldn't get a good deal, I made reservation at this hotel and I wasn't sure I'm doing the right thing, it was my first time in a 2 star hotel!!
When we got there the room was super clean the staff were super nice and the free breakfast (good breakfast) and free wireless high speed in your room!!! What do you need more, I paid $55 a night and got all that, that was great.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
MI
Reviewed July 21, 2008

The hotel is currently getting renovated and it’s really getting cleaned up. The outside of the building, common areas, and a few rooms are brand new. We ended up staying in a room that hadn't been renovated just yet, but it was large and clean. It met our needs for a single night stay. The hotel is located close to the freeway so it’s convenient for travel; it’s just very hard to make a left turn at rush hour.

The staff was very nice and new a lot about the area. They sent us to a park on the water with a free zoo for the kids to entertain themselves and the EAA (plane) museum. We ended up having a very nice day in Oshkosh due to the helpful staff. We would stay here again next time we are in town.

• Liked — Helpful staff
  • Disliked — older room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
In da U.P.
Reviewed December 29, 2007

This place has seen a number of hotel chain names on it. Most recently La Quinta. They did a whitewash of the lobby, but the rooms are what was there in the past. Mattresses exceeded their useful life years ago. The heaters, which are newer, are loud, to the point that it can wake you up during the night. We simply turned it off till morning.
Typical breakfast items, but not one piece of fruit.
At $49 for two it is hard to complain. I would stay again simply for the price.
Proximity to US 41 is a plus.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — old mattresses
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 14, 2007

The hotel isn't bad and the staff is nice. The restaurant next door (Two Brothers) was friendly and my food was good. You get a discount when you show your room key.

My room was clean and the breakfast was your standard continental breakfast. Nothing fancy, but adequate. The dining room was clean and there was plenty of seating.

If you can get past the Wisconsin accent, you are good to go! hehe
; )

Stayed November 2007
Central Illinois
Reviewed September 10, 2007

This hotel has seen it's day. We stayed for 2 nights on our way from central Illinois to Door County, Wisconsin. Lobby generally dirty, room marginally clean. The biggest problem was the hallways. Bins of dirty sheets sat at the end of the hall the entire time we were there. Didn't try the breakfast due to generally unclean hotel conditions. We were so happy to check out of this hotel. We will not be returning.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MidIllinoisTraveler
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 15, 2005

We spent a weekend in Oshkosh to attend a friend's 50th birthday party. Since we were travelling with our little dog, our hotel choices were limited. This Baymont turned out to be a nice surprise like the previous review stated. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and gave no hassle when we requested a late check-out. The breakfast was also surprisingly varied - mostly carbs but also fruit and hard boiled eggs. The best part is no extra charge for dogs! The hotel is right off the interstate so easy on/off access but you don't hear the traffic noise in your room.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank WISCGirl
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 27, 2005

I was driving up to Appleton from Chicago on a Wednesday night for a concert, and really didn't want to have to drive all the way back at 2am. Appleton was completely sold out, so I won a night at the Oshkosh Baymont on a low 2-star priceline bid.

I'm always reluctant to go below 2 1/2 stars on priceline since I'm fanatical about having a CLEAN place to stay, and I've been disappointed by 2-star properties before.

This hotel was great. I called over on my way up at 9pm to let them know I wouldn't be arriving until around 2am since I was running late and was going directly to the concert. They held my preferred room type with no hassle. When I arrived later, check in was no problem. I got to breakfast late, but the attendant was very accommodating. Then I received word from work that I wouldn't need to come in, and now had a Thursday to waste in Oshkosh. The front desk offered concierge-level service better than I've seen in 3 and 4 star properties, successfully helping me waste the day at an Internet cafe and an art museum.

I would love to visit this property again! Although it is not a luxury hotel (minimal amenities, very clean but not at all fancy) it offered exactly what I wanted on a very limited budget.

(Take note, not all rooms have Internet access yet. If you need it, make sure you tell them.)

• Stayed April 2005