“general” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
south bend, in.
“general”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

the only reason I did not give a 5 star rating was for the breakfast:(, not so good selection, and quality, overall a great place to kick back and relax, I would do again!! luckily a 24 hr restaurant was next door:)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Maple Grove, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is probably all you need. It was clean and quiet; the main criteria for a low cost hotel. No frills, no excitement.
The city of Oshkosh is trying to make it difficult to get there with a poorly planned double roundabout, one of several littering the city, but even though it's right off the freeway we heard no outside noises.
Our room did fail on two pet peeves, though: a toilet that runs constantly (though quietly) and a shower-head aimed at pygmies.
Overall: good enough.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the golf course for just a bit more quiet and a 'kind of' view of the wat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lomunchi
Streamwood, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would avoid this hotel until the construction is completed. My room was right under the work area. Friday night I returned to the hotel at 10 pm and they were still pounding upstairs! Saturday night they were still working at 7 pm. I had to strongly complain to the front desk to get the noise to stop. The room was adequate and I am sure the hotel will be nice after the renovations are done BUT I would highly recommend calling to check if they are still under construction before booking here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My previous stays at this location have been great. This time however I was checked into a room directly underneath an area of construction. I am a very reasonable person and put up with the pounding until about 7pm at which time I called the front desk to find out when that would end for the evening as I had an early morning. The young lady at the front desk said they normally end around 7:15 or 8 at the latest. I decided to wait since moving would be inconvenient. 8pm arrived along with a tremendous headache from the pounding. I walked down to the front desk and asked if there was another first floor room like mine I could move to and mentioned that I couldn't believe they would check someone into that situation. The young lady barely looked at me and said "I didn't check you in and we only have so many rooms available because of the construction." She informed me that the only room available was a different type of room. I asked if she could first find out when the crew would be done. She said she would check and call me. She called me a few minutes later and said they were done for the evening and I shouldn't hear anymore pounding. A few minutes later a very loud bang. Light pounding and noise were continued off and on until well beyond 9:30. Quiet after 10. The next morning I went to the front desk asking to be moved for my second night. Different person and was very empathetic and found a room just like my previous one on the first floor and I could move my stuff right away. Why wasn't that available to me the night before? As I began this review I have had otherwise great experiences at this property and will be back but perhaps some consideration and customer service awareness coaching would be helpful. Kudos to the front desk on the morning shift.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JayneTrauger
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Check-in and check-out was quick and simple. Staff at the front desk were very friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The price and ease of the experience made our stay very worth while. Will stay here again the next time we visit Oshkosh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This property used to be a Budgetel many years ago. While it has been updated cosmetically it still is an old building. We were unable to get a top floor so we experienced just how old the building is. The people above sounded as though they were going to come crashing down on us. Every movement they made caused creaking and cracking noises. The bathrooms are tiny. The place is clean however. The breakfast is ample but the breakfast room is very small, causing discomfort if there are more than a few groups in it. The restaurant next door is very good with reasonable prices and a good variety of food. The price was right, so we would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor is a must.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ccumomsc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Extremely clean. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've experienced at at hotel. Decent breakfast, nice lobby. A little bummed that there is no pool or fitness center, like the La Quinta in Appleton. Have stayed here a few times and have experienced some wireless Internet and cable issues on and off. If you are GPS'ing your way there, make sure you use the Rath Lane address, and not the Omro Road address, otherwise you'll get turned around. Overall very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013