“Very nice clean little inn,”

La Quinta Inn Oshkosh
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very nice clean little inn,”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very nice little inn. Not real fancy but clean and the front desk is always friendly. I have stayed at this LaQuinta 4 times in the past year. The last visit was to move my daughter into the local college. There are several other hotels in the area but this is by far the best for the money as the others cost more then double. It is a little older place but is kept very clean and has been updated. I.will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for an annual bike race in a nearby city. When we first arrived nobody was at the front desk and a sign was placed indicating the staff was away. After waiting 5-10 minutes someone showed up and checked us in. Upon entering the room there was a strong odor which smelled like body odor and chemicals. My wife and I typically do not complain, but this was so bad we asked for a different room. The staff was apologetic and gave us a different room right away, about 3 rooms down from our original room, but the same strong odor was in that room as well. We can only figure the sell must be from one of the cleaners they use.

Aside from the bad smell and initial lack of service I would say the hotel was otherwise on the low side of average for a budget hotel chain. The poperty was dated, but clean. The construction currently going on near the hotel makes access less direct, but not terribly difficult. Even if the room didn't sell we wouldn't stay here again. I would try any other similarly priced hotel before coming here again.

Room Tip: Find a differet hotel, or if you must stay here, avoid the rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoughton, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very good hotel at reasonable cost. Have stayed here several times and always friendly service, and clean room. I will be especially glad when the road construction is finished and we don't have to use detours to reach the hotel, but staff has been very proactive on giving directions and even maps.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have brand loyalty to LQ because I often travel with pets and I love waffles. So filter this review knowing that I am inclined to like LQs in general and have stayed in them in over a dozen states. This LQ delivers on the brand promise, completely. Clean, comfortable, unpretentious, reliable, friendly, well-lit, free wi-fi, and did I mention waffles?

One issue could be very important to someone traveling with any mobility limits, specifically climbing stairs. Although it has a few rooms on the ground floor, I was never made aware that it had no elevator. My mother has some trouble with stairs and we were only offered a 2nd floor room as the ground floor rooms were booked. We were not offered an upgrade or other accommodation as a result. We did not make a big deal of it, but I think the lack of elevator should be better publicized.

The hotel is at an interchange that is under construction and was hard to reach when on surface roads. I grew up in Oshkosh so I found an alternate route, but they could consider adding some additional temporary signage at intersections nearby which would have improved the ability to navigate. Of course when the construction is complete, it will be a simple thing, but until then it is harder than it could be to find the hotel. The LQ web directions did not mention all the necessary detours.

When we arrived in the late afternoon, the housekeeping staff were wrapping up their day. I used to work in hotel housekeeping so I know it is a challengetransport all the dirty laundry. But when we made it to the top of the stairs near our room, the first thing I saw was a very large pile of dirty laundry lying on the floor, obviously being sorted or getting readied for transport. Not having an elevator, carrying the laundry away complicated, but having it in piles in plain view was unattractive. I deducted a cleanliness point for this and for a room whose air circulation and carpet cleanliness were not optimal in the sink. The bathroom was smaller than many of the newer LQs but serviceable.

I would happily stay there again and would send anyone I knew who needed a mid-priced stay in the Oshkosh area as long as they were not expecting anything other than what LQ promises, which, by the way, is an excellent value. And waffles.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Accomodating staff, clean rooms, nicely decorated, pleasant breakfast area and the right food for a balanced breakfast meal. We enjoyed our stay, we will come again when we visit our grandaughter 2 x a year.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

WE have stayed in your hotel many times...it was clean and quiet despite the road construction on nearby highway. Only complaint we had was a strong odor of perfumed spray in the room...Had to open the window and air it out. Man at dest did offer to change our room but we were already settled in and tired. Suggest using non perfumed product....many get allergy response..runny nose etc from that strong perfume smell. No other complaints and will stay again. We love La Quinta!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 2, 2012

OK, its hard to get to because of all the local roadworks but its CLEAN, well kept and has all you need.

Spent 2 weeks at the place in July 2012 on 2 separate trips, And really there is nothing to complain about. The whole motel is completely spotless, the staff are friendly, the breakfast is basic but good and everything in the rooms works in the betting is really nice and comfortable. Great quality at a very reasonable price, would have no hesitation in staying there again.

Room Tip: with all of the roadworks get a room away from the highway, the construction is noisy but only opera...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business