“Great Stay for price and location!”

La Quinta Inn Oshkosh
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Great Stay for price and location!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. Our room was BIG and clean. The hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel even comes with 10% off your bill if you dine at the restaurant next door (good food and even better service @ 2 Brothers Restaurant!). Overall, the only thing that was subpar was all the construction on the way to the hotel...it was a pain since we were from out of town. I would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abreya H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Key West
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was a challenge to find with the crazy road construction, but so worth it. The room was large, well appointed and very clean. The furnishings are a bit dated, but still functional and in pretty good shape. This was the first room ever where our cat acted like she was at home. Normally she spends the first couple hours just sniffing everywhere in the room. Evidently the housekeepers do a very good job because our cat didn't sense other animals at all. The beds are extremely comfortable and the linens are very nice. I wish I could take the whole room with me when we travel. The staff were all very friendly and professional. There was a good selection of offerings for breakfast in a nice room. They had waffles, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, muffins, 2 juices, coffee and milk.
The price for this LaQuinta was very good. I wasn't expecting a lot based on the price, but perhaps they are discounting it because of the roadwork right out front. It isn't keeping people away. I was surprised to see the parking lot full when we left in the morning.
We will definitely make this a regular stop. I just hope the roadwork is completed before next Spring. We will also look at other LaQuintas along our route. This chain seems like the best for those of us who travel with our little, furry children. It seemed that every guest at this LaQuinta had a pet and all were well behaved even in the breakfast room.
My husband refused to drive anywhere for dinner because of the construction. Fortunately there is a restaurant right on the other side of the parking lot. It is nothing special, but they have a good variety on their menu. The prices are very reasonable. I could not find it on TA. It is called Two Brothers. They do also have beer & wine. It is still very much a family place and not a bar. We met a very nice man who wrote out excellent directions to help us get out of town without traveling through more construction.

Room Tip: No elevator. Get a room on the first floor if stairs are an issue for you.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I recently spent one night at the La Quinta in Oshkosh. The front desk staff was very efficient and pleasant when making reservations and during check in. Our room was a corner king room facing a golf course on the first floor. It was clean and pretty quiet. (Some other guests made a noisy arrival at 3 a.m., but then quieted down.) The TV was nice...HD and flatscreen. There is no pool...but we didn't want/need one. Families with small children might care more. The breakfast room was filled with noisy students for quite awhile in the morning, but the food was replenished when they left and the area cleaned up by staff.

I have to say, the worst part of our visit, was the road construction in Oshkosh which is not the fault of the hotel. In fact, they offered good directions. Overall, La Quinta was a good value for our stay in Oshkosh and I would do so again. Hopefully the city of Oshkosh will get their construction completed or at least put up some signs to offer detour instructions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mackinac Island, Michigan
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Check in was easy and quick, front desk agent was very quick with suggestions and even maps to get laundry done and a meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed room, has its own patio opening up to the golf course next door.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M J
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is my second stay at the La Quinta, Oshkosh. I stayed here "accidentally" the first time I traveled for business in this area. I was not familiar with the La Quinta line of hotels and I was worried that it wouldn't be nice.

I was very wrong. This hotel is nicely decorated and clean. The bedding is duvet rather than bedspreads of questionable cleanliness. The hotel staff are welcoming. The breakfast is included and is just fine.

My impression of this hotel increased even more last night. In the night, I was awakened by noise in the adjoining room. Some loud guys had returned from a night out . While I usually don't do stuff like this, I called the front desk for assistance. I was quickly assured that they would speak with the guests . Beth at the front desk assured me that the hotel would not allow any guest's sleep to be disturbed. If they continued to make noise, I should call again. I did not need to call again but fell asleep knowing that I was in good hands.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
PA
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I went through hotels online all within an hour and a half outside green bay and I finally decided on La Quinta in Oshkosh. I had AAA, senior citizen with me and they had a promotion if you stay 3 nights you get 30% off and so I called the hotel for their rates and then I called the La Quinta 1 800 number and got a pretty good rate and I reserved it even though I didn't have a credit card but maybe it was because I was getting 2 rooms for a week. It does look like the pictures on the website, and has everything the website says it has, got rooms on first floor by main entrance and didn't hear any noise, very clean, very nice, lots of room, modern, flat screen tv, nice desk with comfortable chair, nice sitting chair and really good beds with white sheets that were really white, no stains. Love love love the guy manager, extremly nice, good at his job, very helpful, not intimidating, and right on top of things, 2 girl managers the one day were terrible, but the guy manager was there like the whole time. Ask them for anything they are so happy to give it to you, told them not to clean my room one day because I wasn't feeling good but they knocked on the door and asked if I needed anything, tissues, garbage changed, some towels, extremely nice made 2 a.m. copies for free. They were great about incoming phone calls and they were right at the desk waiting to help with anything in person or over the phone. Breakfast was really good, toaster, microwave, automatic waffle maker, make oatmeal, apples, oranges, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, 3 different bagels, 3 different muffins, 3 different breads, individual peanut butter, 3 differnt individual jelly, individual cream cheese, butter, syrup, 3 differnt ceral, milk, tea, coffee, creamer, sugar, and even more breakfast was kinda short but probaly because everyone kept bringing it to there room and getting more. Used there microwave to warm up leftovers and popcorn. Went to Chinese buffet in town-so so, Red Robin-good, Golden Corral-can you go wrong, really good, ordered pizza, no problem, Walmart-good, supercuts, nothing for kids to do, NOTHING, location is not a issue, they make it sound hard and it's not. And restaurant close with room key discount and go thrugh the restaurant parking lot to get to the hotel but believe me not how it sounds. Wonderful, everything was wonderful.

Room Tip: king beds are huge, whole hotel quiet
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family