Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmade to order breakfastgreat hotelhotel is locatedfree breakfastthe hotel staffeaa museumoutlet mallin townhot tubwedding receptioneasy accessclean roomsindoor poolbusiness centerconvenient locationwould stay here againfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel was clean, but didn't offer much else and certainly not what I would expect from a Hilton. They used to include a breakfast, but no longer do. You can purchase breakfast from the restaurant. Staff members were nice, but didn't handle several groups of noisy party goers in the lobby to allow the rest of us who wanted to be there to enjoy our time, too. Noise transfers between floors in rooms. I heard the person above my room walking around at all hours. Overall, not a horrible experience, but not what I would expect at this price point- which was over twice the cost of many other chains in the same town. I'll probably stay elsewhere next time.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you Wendy for your comments. I was sorry to here that your stay was only acceptable as we certainly desire to exceed your expectations. Not having a large lobby it can get noiser on some evenings, it certainly is regretable that it became a disturbance to you. As a corporate standard Hilton Garden Inn has always offered breakfast in the Grill for a charge, in the past possibly you stayed under a hotel package that may have included it. if you retrun to the Oshkosh areas please contact me directly and I will handle your reservations.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Clean room, friendly staff, quick and easy check in/out. Breakfast is tasty - although not happy to pay the $12 each time, but still not bad considering the convenience factor.

TV is a tiny bit small considering some of the comparably priced hotels offer 35" or even 42", but again, no big deal there. At least they do allow HDMI connectivity so you can watch movies from your laptop.

All in all, I will probably use them often as I drive from Madison to Appleton every couple weeks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for staying with us as you travel the state! I am pleased that we are able to meet your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back to Oshkosh in the very near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Clean, friendly, easy access hotel. We have stayed here many times and we are always pleased. The bar manager opened early for us as the football playoffs were on. The staff is very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I hope you enjoyed the bar and the football games! Thank you for staying with us. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This not a place to stay especially if you are on a budget. No continental breakfast. They may have a pantry open 24/7 but they charge an arm and a leg for it. The beds were like sleeping on bricks and some staff were very rude. I would not suggest this hotel for a family, but if you are a businessman this may please you. I rate this a 2 out of 10.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. I understand that you were dissatisfied with our prices and that you found them to be too expensive. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that we do all we can to create a great experience for each one of our guests. We are actively looking for ways to keep costs low and offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep your review in mind.

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope the next time you are in the area please call me directly and I will personally assure you the highest level of hospitality will be offered.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The hotel is very nice. However, in case you are travelling with a lot of people and are looking to find a place where you can feed everyone within the hotel, this may not be the place for you. We have around 100 skaters, and given that they are school age and many do not eat a lot of food, we were unhappy that they changed their policy from what it was a few years ago. A few years ago they were able to get us a buffet at $12 a person. Still expensive for someone that is 8 years old (our group ranges in age from 8 - 19, plus chaperones and coaches), but we understand that this is a typical price. This year, they wouldn't even come close to $12--it was way out of our price range. We were not aloud to bring in outside food. They did recommend a catering facility down the road which was amazing, so we had the bus take us to that place for our meals.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Chalenge:
Thank you for TripAdvisor response. It was nice to hear that your enjoyed our property, but I am not fully certain that your meal information is correct. As I think you are aware, we were able to fully accomadate your group for breakfast every morning at a price well below the typical market price. For dinner, while we wanted to accomadate your group, since dinner was requested at the very last minute of the week prior, we already had a large wedding in place that occupied the space you would require. An inexpenisve option was not available due to space and your last minute request. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy an area restaurant as an option. I look forward to welcoming you back to Oshkosh.