“great for air adventure”

Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel. Perfect location for attending EAA Air Adventure. Located at the edge of tie down area and has a shuttle to events. The hotel is well maintained with nice dining facitiies, pool, fitness center, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for runway view if you want to see the planes take off and land.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had a late "Diamond" checkout approved for my stay. I had it approved at checkin, confirmed it later that night, and again the next morning and had the DND sign out. before checkout time, a housekeeper names "Jean" banged on my door, ignoring the DND and told me she wanted to clean the room. I told her I had a late check out and, didn't she see the DND? She said, "The Do Not Disturb don't matter to us" (sic). She made me vacate my room and check out before check out time. I told the front desk this, and they turned their backs to me and said, "I appologize" and refused to let me have access to my room. They refused to talk to the housekeeper. I'm going to turn in my college degrees and become a toothless housekeeper so I can run a hotel....because guests don't matter here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth R
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is clean, well-kept, and the staff are very courteous and helpful. Our group slept in late each day of our stay, but on the 2nd day the staff was willing to work around them and clean the room at the end of their shift.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'm a Hilton fan and had spent 23 of 47 nights in a Hilton hotel in June and July. This is one hotel I will not return to. I arrived at 8:30PM with a colleague and while walking from the hotel parking lot to the lobby was greeted by the wonderful odor of livestock. Checkin was fine. Upon arriving at my room I was greeted by a employee exiting the room who had just fixed the A/C. Outside temperature in Oshkosh was 93 degrees and the room temperature was 87 degrees. I called the front desk and after a brief conversation convinced the young lady there to move me to a different room. I hauled by bags back to the front desk, picked up the new key and took the elevator back to the third floor. The rest of the evening was uneventful. My wakeup call for 6:30Am the next morning never occured.We had a large business group at the hotel and used a conference room that morning so I didn't get to experience breakfast. The few items they supplied to the conference room left a lot to be desired. Trying to hook up a conference call back to the east coast was a step back intime with wires everywhere and two of the phone jacks inoperative. Thank goodness I was there only one night..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ThomasP682
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a large event in town, so somewhat unexpectedly the rated were jacked up, but triple normal... really? To boot, breakfast was not complimentary, it cost $11 per person. And the housekeeping was not up to standards. I guess it was just a bad weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Zach Z, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I apologize for the poor service you recently received staying with us in Oshkosh. As a nationwide brand we do offer bed + breakfast packages so that guests can enjoy our breakfast service included in their room rate. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, if you're in the area again, please let me know and I wil personally set-up your reservation.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden in Oshkosh while attending Lifest. It was great to go back to the hotel and enjoy the pool and hotel after a warm day out in the sun enjoying the bands!!! Breakfast was terrific!!! Thanks to the staff for making my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Therese H
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night. The facility is bright, clean, and inviting - as was the room. The location is spectacular. It is located immediately adjacent to Wittman Field and with easy access to US Hwy 41. An excellent restaurant, West End Pizza, is across the street. The lobby convenience store came in handy. The workout facility had above-average and well-functioning exercise equipment. My only complaints would be in relation to the pool and hot tub. First, the water in both was eerily cloudy. Second, on a Saturday night, the pool was packed with intoxicated adults and unattended teens. In short it was a war zone. After being struck by a wildly thrown ball, I decided my room would be more relaxing than the pool area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family