“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Albany, New York
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Staff is courteous, and hotel rooms are clean. I would stay at this hotel again. Breakfast was good, too! Although I only had it once out of the 3 days I was there, the area looked nice, and the staff was helpful during the self-serve process. You could order the omelet of the day, or have your eggs prepared anyway you'd like. I believe you could also get pancakes and waffles.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are glad you chose Hilton Garden Inn! We feel that our cooked to order breakfast helps us personalize the experience for each guest. Thank you for staying and we hope you will visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I typically stay at Marriotts, and the Courtyards can take a lesson from Hilton Garden Inn. The room was a nice size, as was the bathroom. There is a separate area w/granite counter for food and snacks. Besides the usuals, it also has a microwave, some cabintery and a refrigerator a bit larger than the usual small ones you see in hotels. The extra size was nice, held more bottles, as well as kept ice in the bucket frozen all night. It was nice that the room had a separate unit to hold these items - typically they are combined with the dresser, and there is limited space. The bed was comfortable. I ate at the restaurant/bar, and it was surprisingly good. The ambiance wasn't great, but the server and the food was good.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We strive to provide excellent accommodations and service, and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are quite proud of our restaurant and culinary team, and look out for some restaurant updates coming soon!
LDF
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for business. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The pool area is nice if you have children and in the summer there is a patio area just outside the pool that has tables and chairs.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your kind words! Thank you for staying with us!
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My Husband and I were staying here for a Marriage Retreat this past weekend and had a very pleasant stay. The staff was friendly and professional. They really wanted to make your experience at the hotel a great one. They accomplished that!

Room Tip: Top floor's away from vending/ice machines & elevators I find are the best. Hilton is great...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you back soon!
Melbourne, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel like everything in northern Wisconsin is pleasently dated and nostalgic. The pool didn't have any large towels, just a bunch of hair towels everywhere. I had to get out of the pool wet and call the front desk for a towel the first day, the next day I saw a house keeping lady who when I asked for a large bath towel, told me to use a bunch of little ones. "Well I never!" I'm a 6'3'' man and I'm over 300lbs she was about 4 feet tall. She began to complain to me that what they had was fine, and I was wrong. I asked that she please just get me 2 room towels (it was that simple). She huffed and brought the room towels back. IDK, the rest of the stay was nice. But just because you are not in the south doesn't mean you don't need to serve GRITS. I've been to some HGI's that had a breakfast sushi bar w/ nori and rice, and no GRITS R U KIDDING ME???!!!!! what's the deal? GRITS are cheap, they store well, and they should at least be on the menu for ordering.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty in obtaining the larger towels you requested and that you found our breakfast menu lacking some items. Please know that I will be reviewing this with the team to ensure this service shortfall is not repeated. We are switching over to larger towels for the pool area shortly. Again, I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Rooms were clean but pool and spa were very dirty. Pool was cloudy and spa was green and smelly. We stayed on the first floor; the people above us were VERY noisy and after two complaints we moved to another room. Location was good, since we stayed for an EAA event,but I would travel further to get a cean spa and a good night sleep or simply just stay at home.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I am very sorry that we did not provide an experience that exceeded your expectations. Our team was quickly notified and have remedied any issues with the pool and spa. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and I apologize that the noise level was unnacceptable during your stay. My hope is that we will have another opportunity to show you the experience that I know we are capable of creating. Should you choose to return, please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your reservations.

Regards,

Michael Glass
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was staying here for business, and overall it was a very nice hotel, just some things that brought down the score that I thought I'd mention. Like the previous reviewer we didn't know our bed was a sleep number bed and the bed was really hard and uncomfortable. The wait staff at breakfast were overall friendly, but the girl we had was a total ditz and we sat there for over 10 minutes waiting to order our food and had to bring over another girl to get our order. Otherwise the hotel was clean, wait staff was friendly, and my room (besides the bed) was very nice and noise was not an issue. I didn't use the pool, so I can't comment on that. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I apologize for any issues experienced during breakfast, but am glad that it sounds like your overall experience was good. We continue to strive to provide an experience that leaves every guest excited to return. I hope that we will see you again soon!

Happy Holidays!