“Excellent place to stay. Breakfast is very good.”

Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for business. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The pool area is nice if you have children and in the summer there is a patio area just outside the pool that has tables and chairs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

We appreciate your kind words! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My Husband and I were staying here for a Marriage Retreat this past weekend and had a very pleasant stay. The staff was friendly and professional. They really wanted to make your experience at the hotel a great one. They accomplished that!

Room Tip: Top floor's away from vending/ice machines & elevators I find are the best. Hilton is great...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel like everything in northern Wisconsin is pleasently dated and nostalgic. The pool didn't have any large towels, just a bunch of hair towels everywhere. I had to get out of the pool wet and call the front desk for a towel the first day, the next day I saw a house keeping lady who when I asked for a large bath towel, told me to use a bunch of little ones. "Well I never!" I'm a 6'3'' man and I'm over 300lbs she was about 4 feet tall. She began to complain to me that what they had was fine, and I was wrong. I asked that she please just get me 2 room towels (it was that simple). She huffed and brought the room towels back. IDK, the rest of the stay was nice. But just because you are not in the south doesn't mean you don't need to serve GRITS. I've been to some HGI's that had a breakfast sushi bar w/ nori and rice, and no GRITS R U KIDDING ME???!!!!! what's the deal? GRITS are cheap, they store well, and they should at least be on the menu for ordering.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty in obtaining the larger towels you requested and that you found our breakfast menu lacking some items. Please know that I will be reviewing this with the team to ensure this service shortfall is not repeated. We are switching over to larger towels for the pool area shortly. Again, I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Rooms were clean but pool and spa were very dirty. Pool was cloudy and spa was green and smelly. We stayed on the first floor; the people above us were VERY noisy and after two complaints we moved to another room. Location was good, since we stayed for an EAA event,but I would travel further to get a cean spa and a good night sleep or simply just stay at home.

• Stayed: December 2012
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

I am very sorry that we did not provide an experience that exceeded your expectations. Our team was quickly notified and have remedied any issues with the pool and spa. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and I apologize that the noise level was unnacceptable during your stay. My hope is that we will have another opportunity to show you the experience that I know we are capable of creating. Should you choose to return, please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your reservations.

Regards,

Michael Glass

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was staying here for business, and overall it was a very nice hotel, just some things that brought down the score that I thought I'd mention. Like the previous reviewer we didn't know our bed was a sleep number bed and the bed was really hard and uncomfortable. The wait staff at breakfast were overall friendly, but the girl we had was a total ditz and we sat there for over 10 minutes waiting to order our food and had to bring over another girl to get our order. Otherwise the hotel was clean, wait staff was friendly, and my room (besides the bed) was very nice and noise was not an issue. I didn't use the pool, so I can't comment on that. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I apologize for any issues experienced during breakfast, but am glad that it sounds like your overall experience was good. We continue to strive to provide an experience that leaves every guest excited to return. I hope that we will see you again soon!

Happy Holidays!

Michael

Reviewed December 3, 2012

we stayed here on November 25, 2012. we visited our daughter and son-in-law in Oshkosh. Pool bottom was dirty and the whirlpool had a strong mildew smell. The water color of both was murky. Our bed was very hard and we told this to the desk clerk when we checked out. he told us the our bed was one of those sleep number beds. We felt foolish until we realized that no one told us this when we checked in and there was no literature in the room to tell us this. Next time we visit our children, we will try a different hotel in Oshkosh.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

I'm so sorry about the issues experienced with the pool and bed during your stay. We pride ourselves on maintaining an outstanding product and top notch service, and I apologize that this did not show during your stay. The issues raised have been addressed and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future. If so, please don't hesitate to ask for me when making reservations as I would like to handle them personally to ensure an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Regards,

Michael Glass

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a great Hotel. I love that it is warm and a big lobby with fireplace. We sit there and visit at night. Adult access to the pool is 24 hours. Breakfast is good. Nice place. Close to evwrything. Right next to the EAA museum. I will always stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are very happy that you chose to take advantage of our new lobby, and hope to see you back again soon!

Thanks!