“Not what I expected from Hilton”

Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Peoria, Illinois
“Not what I expected from Hilton”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Having stayed at other Hiltons and enjoyed my stay, I expected the same quality again. My husband and I stayed here for a wedding recently. The front desk person was friendly and the bed was comfy, thats about all that I was happy with. I was first disappointed by the dirty shower (covered in someone's hair), then by the noise. We could hear people in the room next to us talking and others through the vent in our bathroom. Being that we were on the first floor, the noise was pretty loud coming from the hallway as well in the morning. Our dining experience- for a wedding reception it was not great: cold food, I heard a lot of people complaining :(....I would look elsewhere

Room Tip: Don't pick the first floor!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The Oshkosh Hilton Garden Inn is a decent hotel but is definitely starting to show some wear and tear. The rooms are okay but the carpet is worn and the hotel is not as clean as I would've expected. Overall though, the place is fine. My bigger concern was that I was given a room on the first floor. I just happened to look out of the window (which was partially blocked by large bushes) and noticed that the large sliding window was unlocked (no screen). There were 2 latches on the window and both were unlocked. It would've been very easy for someone to simply slide open the window and enter the room. Given the weather and the location of the room, it was hard to believe that a previous guest inadvertently left the window unlocked. The fact that the large bushes in front of the window would shield an intruder from being seen from the parking lot made it even more suspcious. In summary, I'd probably stay at this hotel again but definitely not of the ground level.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was in Oshkosh on business and stayed at this Hilton. They permitted me to check in early (at 11:30 AM) and were very nice about it. The room was clean and well equipped. It had a microwave and refrigerator as well as a nice desk for working. I did not try the internet. Also had a pretty large flat screen TV. I had breakfast at the hotel and service was very good. I'd recommend this hotel for business or vacation travel.

Room Tip: Recommend top floor as I did hear a little noise from people walking around above me.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mercer, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 6, 2011

A lovely, sparkling clean hotel. The staff is very nice, friendly, and professional. Plan to visit Oshkosh again next July and will stay here. The restaurant offerings are very good, so eating at the hotel is just fine. We had been traveling when we stayed there and needed to go laundry--clean washer and dryer. Excellent hotel all the way around.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were greeted with warm cookies! Nice, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Gym and pool were better than most for this type hotel. Friendly staff at breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I spent one night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Oshkosh. We reserved two rooms and were happy to see that they provided adjoining rooms. Check-in was quick (although one of the rooms wasn’t quite ready when we checked in. The rooms were clean, and each had a microwave, refrigerator, and very nice flat screen TVs. Cookies were available at the front desk in the evening, and as an HHONORS member they gave us two bottles of water. We also received complimentary breakfast, which was cooked to order and very good. The pool and whirlpool area was large and quite comfortable (although they were still short towels from the previous day). Our room overlooked the airport, but there was no noise at all from outside. Inside it’s unfortunately one of the newer hotels where every time someone in the room above takes a step, you can hear it. While hopefully it would never happen to anyone else, we also had a problem with the battery in the room smoke detector dying late at night, causing the detector to begin to chirp. After trying to ignore for awhile, we finally called the desk, and they came up and replaced the battery.

Although I wish the floor to floor soundproofing were better, I’d likely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank usroadman
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Staff is attentive. Room and bathroom are clean. Restaurant is delicious.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business