“Overpriced, underdelivered”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgetown, Texas
“Overpriced, underdelivered”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here during the Oshkosh Fly in. Prices were jacked up to $400 a night - to be expected, but the room was marginally cleaned and the air conditioning was not working properly. Not enough toiletries in the room and the staff was very inattentive. Probably the worst run hotel I have been to in awhile.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Oakville, Ontario
Reviewed July 14, 2011

For a HGI, this is an average location. The hotel could use some updating, especially the bathroom. I had no real complaints, but I have stayed in better locations. The price was good. This hotel backs onto the Oshkosh/Wittman airfield, so it would be a good place for EAA except that it gets booked quickly. One thing I can say is the staff always went out of their way to be helpful. Based on price I would go back. Go across the street to west end pizza.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank deltakilo34
Chicago
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I check into this Hilton Garden Inn and room had a bad odor. I asked for another room and was given the Baron Hilton Suite, which was a nice room.
Problem was I left a pair of short pants in the room and remembered after I had driven about an hour away. I called hotel immediately and they had found them hanging on a door. Thanked them for finding and asked to them to mail to me (offered to pay postage).
It has beenover two weeks since and I have been lied to repeatedly (have called no less than 5 TIMES) and told they have been mailed, then when I call they describe them and say they still have them and will mail them to me.
I spoke with Sue (housekeeping manager?)and General Manager (Mike) with no results. I called tonight and got very snotty, condescending remarks from Chris (front desk?) he answered the phone at the hotel. When I mentioned I was going to write a letter of complaint, he said he could not care less if I wrote the President of Hilton. He said he could not help me in any way. I had to ask him just to write down my name to give to management.
I just got a letter from Hilton Honors congratulating me on reaching the next level in their program. What a way to treat customers loyal to Hilton!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Da83
Montrose
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Reception staff extremely friendly and helpful, room up to usual HGI standard. We like this hotel and only slight complaint is that the bar area was a bit uninviting. Drapes on the windows and more carpeting would make such a difference to the ambience, it felt a bit like eating and drinking in a lobby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Different in that private airplanes can pull up behind the hotel which is on the runway. The is the site of the experimental aircraft show among others. Very intersting. Great observation deck for the air shows. Enjoyed restaurant. Breakfast specials each day, I ordered the special and was not disappointed. Friendly staff. One of my favorite HGIs to date.

Room Tip: room facing the airport during air shows
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We went there for a weekend getaway, when we arrived we were told that they had two weddings and three other groups there for the weekend. And they asked us if we wanted a room away from all the noise. We told them to move us. We got a room on the second floor right above the dumpsters, where the employee's smoking area was located so in the evening you heard them talking real loud every 15-20 minutes. Then from 9 pm till 2:30 am the wedding party that was right across, and both rooms to the right of us were pounding on doors, slamming doors, yelling in the hallways all night. The other groups took over the pool area, putting all the tables together and bringing in several large coolers and spent the entire afternoon, and evening at the pool. We complained to the front desk in the morning and offered us a free breakfast and we told them that was already included in the rate that we had, so all they could do was take $15 off the bill. And the beds are very uncomfortable, they are supposed to be like a sleep number type bed, but no matter what settings it was on you could not change it from being rock hard. The made to order breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Harleyrider2010
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2010

The hotel was just as the typical Hilton Garden Inn setting - always welcoming staff and plenty of information/brochures about the area, quiet rooms/halls, and well cared for amenities. The breakfast was average, and the coffee was good. The availability of the business center (computers with Internet access) and printer is helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple