“Pretty Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
Phoenix
“Pretty Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here on buisness on two trips in January and February of 2013. They do a great job of keeping the snow and ice out of the parking lot. Room was nice and large. The free breakfast is decent for the price. The hotel is in a nice location for what I was there for and is close to several restaurants and stores. They have a great free wifi internet service but there is absolutely no non-wifi internet access to be had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Plainfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was recently in Oshkosh for business and since Marriott hotels are my hotel of choice I stayed at the Fairfield. As usual, comfortable beds, decent breakfast and good coffee. It is convenient to many restaurants. I always know what I'm going to get at Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had to get 2 rooms in Oshkosh for the the same night I started looking. One had to be a handicap equipped room for my 80 year old mother-in-law who has a very difficult time walking. Lucky for me I dealt with Erika at the Fairfield Inn. She moved other guests around so that my wife and I could have joining rooms with my mother-in-law who did get the handicap room.
The rooms were perfect, clean, comfortable, and quiet.
Also a big thank you to Judy the night shift clerk, who checked us in and then volunteered to assist us by helping to carry some of my mother-in-law's belongings to her room.
Unbelievable service.
And if that isn't enough, you wake up to a top notch, serve yourself breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff W
Patti A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the raving review - it is much appreciated! I'm extremely proud of the work our staff does for each and every guest. I'm glad your room was clean, comfortable and quiet and that breakfast hit the spot.
I'll make sure Erika, Judy and our housekeeping staff get a copy of your review. Thank you again for your post and we hope to see you on your next visit to Oshkosh!
Lowell, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel. I probably would have given it 5 stars except our room was so hot it was unbearable. We turned the cooler on full blast but it didn't help at all. We finally opened the window and that helped some (this was in January, when the temperature was in the teens), but it was still hot in the room. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. They serve a pretty good hot breakfast. It is in a good location and the pool and fitness rooms are small but nice. It looks like it was newly renovated. I would stay again but I would hope the room would be a better temperature.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a nice hotel with great service. The location is surrounded by a lot of good shopping and dining options and close to major expressways. All the rooms are newly renovated and nicely appointed with modern decor. The only associate I encountered was Judy, but she was she fantastic. She exemplified outstanding customer service and seemed to wear many hats around the hotel. She checked us in, was delivering roll away beds, and even offered to get us ice when she instinctively saw my sons and I confused on where the ice machine was. I will definitely stay here again due to this amazing customer service.

• Stayed November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked the hotel on Priceline, when I arrived I noticed the entire place was under construction. It was a mess and the front desk was actually in a room. When I entered into the room to get my key they asked for our credit card in case anything were to happen to the room, which later I find out that there is money taken out of my account and wont be put back in for 7-10 days. Then I get up to my room and notice that I didn't see a pool, I called down and I come to find out their pool was under construction! My boys were all about going to the pool. A suggestion to you would be to call all guests that book through third parties so they are aware of what is going on and give them the option to stay at another hotel if they would like. I also went down the next morning to eat breakfast with my kids and husband and noticed that it was in a little bedroom and when I walked in the windows were all open and there was a huge mess from the wind. I was disgusted so we went out to breakfast. So the free breakfast and the pool did not happen at this hotel. I am pretty sure that this hotel will be nice when finished, but there should be a better layout or a better organization. This was a bad stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you Amber for your posting in TripAdvisor. I understand how frustrating it must have been to see the hotel under renovation especially when traveling with young children. I'm personally inviting you and your family back to experience our hotel with its fresh new look, inside and out. I can see the unfortunate impression we made on you and would like the opportunity to change that.
Thank you again Amber and I look forward to hearing from you.

Patricia Anderson
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stay here (not during the air show) on our way to somewhere else. But I go through Oshkosh on occasion and have stayed in the past as well.

I am a diehard Marriott guy so I know what I get when I stay at a Fairfield. Good room, decent bed, good breakfast and a fair price.

Same here. The ONLY drawback right now to this hotel is the work being done. When it is finished. This will continue to be my Oshkosh stop. Happily.

Room Tip: I am sure they take care of it, but stay off the remodeling floors.