“Not bad at all nice clerk”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Green Bay, WI
“Not bad at all nice clerk”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed the last Saturday in August and had a nice time. There is renovation going on which is messy but we got a newly remodled room which had an urban feel. Judy the clerk was super! We forgot toothpaste and she gave us samples...even took my picture with my daughter :)

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were grossly over-charged for a mediocre Fairfield Inn stay due to AirAdventure 2012 last month. When we arrived in Oshkosh, on our way to Door County, WI, little did we know we would be greeted with a $249.99 room charge. Believe me, there is no way that this hotel warrants such an exorbitant charge. On top of that, there was no hot water and the bathtub drain was completely plugged leading me to wonder how the maid cleans the tub.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigOdie
Patti A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent stay with us at the Oshkosh, WI Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Guest comments, whether positive or negative, are essential to the growth of our hotel and its team. During special events, such as EAA AirVenture, rates typically increase due to a high demand for lodging. We work very hard to monitor rates and stay competitive in our market while still offering value for your money.

My apologies for your experience with our hot water. We did inform all of our guests of the issue and our Guest Service Representative did discount the room. However, I understand your frustrations and I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us.

We hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, you will give the Oshkosh Fairfield Inn another try next time you stay in the area.
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for Airventure 2012. Front desk clerk greeted us by name and checked us in quickly. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The entire staff was very attentive and accommodating during this very busy week. They provided restaurant suggestions, driving directions, and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Nice choices for breakfast, too. We have stayed here many times and always look forward to our visit. The staff here is truly outstanding! We are excited to see the renovations next year when we return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pawling
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to discover a clean, friendly hotel after reading a few negative reviews. The staff was courteous, helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was well stocked. My husband and I were attending the air show in Oshkosh with the temps close to 100 - this hotel had cold water bottles on hand for their patrons to grab as we headed to the show. Well done!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here June 25th, and I was worried after reading some of the reviews, but we were very happy with our stay. All of the employees we encountered were friendly and helpful! The beds and pillows were comfortable, the room was clean, and included a refrigerator. The pool wasn't very deep, but it was fine for swimming. There is remodeling going on, but it wasn't noticeable. The breakfast was excellent--fresh fruit, fruit cups, yogurt, granola mixers, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, bagels, waffles, muffins, juice, milk, coffee. We will definitely stay again when in the area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Staff are very rude! I think MsGoldy and myself came across the same person. The front desk woman who is larger in size, blonde. I would never even consider this hotel as a last resort. This hotel is exactly like staying at a Days Inn. It does not live up to the Marriott Standards as far as I am concerned. Not only are the staff rude, but the rooms are dirty! I would not even consider this as a last resort. DO NOT BOTHER!

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank ASamIAm
Patti A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel; guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. As General Manager, I take all our guests comments very seriously; my team and I use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel. I am deeply concerned about your comments and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally. I invite you to contact me directly at 920-233-8504. We hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will try Fairfield Inn again next time you stay in the area.

Patti Anderson, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

First off, I understand that other guests are not the fault of the hotel, but for some reason this hotel had a large number of very loud and rude guests. My first night there was a group of guests that came and went from their rooms until about 4:30am. I literally got about 2 hours of sleep. When the doors close here, they tend to slam so you hear everyone coming and going. Also when people would walk in the room above me it sounded like someone was coming through the floor. The walls and ceilings were apparently very thin. The last night I was there, there was another loud group that had about 3 rooms on my floor. I honestly did not get much sleep here. The staff was nice, but for some reason loud, rude guests are drawn here. I would find another hotel if you want a good nights sleep. The location is great, but who cares where it is if you can't get any sleep while you're there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jjj5278
Patti A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor response regarding your stay with us. Guest comments, whether positive or negative, are essential to the growth of our hotel and its team. It is unfortunate that you were unable to get the great nights rest our guests deserve.
We appreciate your comments on our staff. We are proud of our team and the service they provide to our loyal guests. One important part of our strive to provide outstanding guest care is to ensure all our guests receive a comfortable stay and a restful night.
I assure you that your comments will be shared with the team and we will discuss and implement a more efficient way to ensure our guests receive that restful night.
Thank you again for your insightful comments and we look forward to your next visit to Oshkosh.