“Not even a last resort!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
“Not even a last resort!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Staff are very rude! I think MsGoldy and myself came across the same person. The front desk woman who is larger in size, blonde. I would never even consider this hotel as a last resort. This hotel is exactly like staying at a Days Inn. It does not live up to the Marriott Standards as far as I am concerned. Not only are the staff rude, but the rooms are dirty! I would not even consider this as a last resort. DO NOT BOTHER!

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank ASamIAm
Patti A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel; guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. As General Manager, I take all our guests comments very seriously; my team and I use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel. I am deeply concerned about your comments and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally. I invite you to contact me directly at 920-233-8504. We hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will try Fairfield Inn again next time you stay in the area.

Patti Anderson, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

First off, I understand that other guests are not the fault of the hotel, but for some reason this hotel had a large number of very loud and rude guests. My first night there was a group of guests that came and went from their rooms until about 4:30am. I literally got about 2 hours of sleep. When the doors close here, they tend to slam so you hear everyone coming and going. Also when people would walk in the room above me it sounded like someone was coming through the floor. The walls and ceilings were apparently very thin. The last night I was there, there was another loud group that had about 3 rooms on my floor. I honestly did not get much sleep here. The staff was nice, but for some reason loud, rude guests are drawn here. I would find another hotel if you want a good nights sleep. The location is great, but who cares where it is if you can't get any sleep while you're there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jjj5278
Patti A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor response regarding your stay with us. Guest comments, whether positive or negative, are essential to the growth of our hotel and its team. It is unfortunate that you were unable to get the great nights rest our guests deserve.
We appreciate your comments on our staff. We are proud of our team and the service they provide to our loyal guests. One important part of our strive to provide outstanding guest care is to ensure all our guests receive a comfortable stay and a restful night.
I assure you that your comments will be shared with the team and we will discuss and implement a more efficient way to ensure our guests receive that restful night.
Thank you again for your insightful comments and we look forward to your next visit to Oshkosh.
Menasha, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed here multiple night last week and the staff was less than courteous. The regular front desk person (female, larger in size) was very rude and had more attitude then what any person in the hospitality business should have. Weekend front desk person (female, average size) was nice. I would not want to stay here again because of the staff, they are just plain rude.

Room Tip: do not get a room by the elevator or ice machine. the rooms are not very sound friendly
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank msgoldy
Ashland, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The room was very clean and nice. The beds were very COMFORTABLE. Breakfast in the morning was great. The Front Desk clerk working the evening of 10/15/11 was really awesome and so nice. She gave us an excellent rate. Would Definitely stay again when I'm in OshKosh!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Massachsetts
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn 5 times in the last 6 years and usually have an enjoyable stay. This year we found the cleanliness to be questionable. The frig in our room had old food in it. There were splatters from a drink on the wall by the trash can in the living area. The a/c was on all night but seemed inconsistent. Even the front desk folks were less enthusiastic than usual.
Sign of the times perhaps?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Had never used fairfield inn before and had no idea on Oshkosh WI. Staff at hotel went above and beyond to get ideas, maps and times for us as well as directions. Topped by a tremendous friendly attitude.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I like this hotel and stay here every time I come to Oshkosh because it is right on 41 and near restaurants and shopping.. If there was a Courtyard, I would probably stay there solely because there is no exercise room at this Fairfield. They do give you passes to a local gym, but I really like it where I am staying. Really, this is the only reason I can't give it an 'Excellent' rating.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business