“Another Great HIE”

Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Perfect location close to plenty of things to do and restaurants. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Also free happy hour for reward club members. I am a platinum member and the staff had already given me a free upgrade before I even checked in. Normally I have to ask. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Hi!

I want to first thank you for choosing our hotel for you rooming needs. I also want to send another thank you for being a loyal member of our IHG rewards program, and Platinum! We hope that your stay was satisfactory with our hotel. Our staff is glad you got to enjoy the ammenites at our location, especially the Happy Hour where you can relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We hope that you will join us again. We would love to have you stay with us.. Happy Hour will be waiting for you!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel, clean rooms, curtious staff. Will return. Free happy hour. Free breakfast. Quiet location less than 5 miles from the airfield and airshow. PLenty of parking. Great selection of good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Hello!

We want to send a sincere thank you for staying at our hotel during this years EAA event! It was a fantastic year of airplanes and good food, not to mention the weather was great! EAA is one of our busiest times of the year and we are happy you had a chance to join us! We look forward to seeing you for the EAA event in 2014. But in the mean time, if you need rooms any other time we are always happy to help! :)

Thank you!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The best thing this hotel has going for it is location. It is conveniently located near many restaurants and easy access to the highway. The condition of the room was well worn. There was evidence of water damage in the bathroom shower wall and ceiling. The light was connected to an extremely noisy fan. Having a refrigerator and microwave was welcoming but, the lack of a in room safe was troublesome. I found myself carrying my valuables off site each day. Breakfast was inedible most mornings. Eggs looked like they had been sitting under a heat lamp for hours at 8:00 a.m. Housekeeping did a nice job. Front desk on the other hand was unmanned most times I walked by or needed to ask a question. Seemed the employees liked to hang out in the back office.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ChristieAK
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us your opinion of our hotel. We apologize for any issues you may have endured during your stay. I did want to inform you that although we do not have in-room safes, we do have safes for guest use at the front desk. The safes we offer are long and narrow, good for jewerly, money, and things of that size. I have made the staff aware of your comments and we will make sure that all of your comments are addressed.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Roseann S.

The Holiday Inn is definitely my home away from home. I have been coming to Oshkkosh for about 3 years now and this is the only hotel that will stay in or recommend to anyone else. The staff here are really awesome and helpful. They are like family members to me. I think happy hour is a very good idea because guests are already away from home and it give guests the oppurtunity to socialize and meet new friends while having a great time. Once there was a situation where the hotel was booked and I forgot to book a room for that night. Kevin searched all of the surrounding hotels for a vacancy. He searched for awhile and that really surprised me that a General Manager of a hotel made time to make sure that I had a room for the night. Thanks Kevin. So I'll finish by saying "Thank You" to all of the staff for making me feel like family and I will always continue to come home when in Oshkosh.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. We at the hotel are glad to hear that we are like a home away from home for you. We strive to make every guest feel warm and comfortable as if they were at home. Your comments have been shared with the entire staff and they were so delighted to hear such kind words.

If you ever need anything from us, no matter what it is, you are always welcome to ask!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The holiday inn express is my hotel of choice whenever i go to oshkosh. The lobby is wondeful, very comfortable, and welcoming. The staff are amazing they are so nice and helpful. They always greet you with a smile and make you feel welcomed.The pool is pretty awesome and very clean and relaxing. The exercise room is a nice size and very relaxing as well. The rooms are wonderfully clean, and the beds are super comfortable. Breakfest is FREE and it is always so fresh and hot. It's not that expensive and well worth every penny. If you are ever in oshkosh WI this is the place you need to stay. Its simply amazing!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am Kevin Johnson the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. The staff have read your comments and are so encouraged! It is guest like you who make it all worth while to do the best we can to please our guests. We hope that if you are ever in the Oshkosh area you will choose us as your destination location for an overnight stay!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The condition of the hotel itself is fine. The problem is the way its being run. Our bed had hair that was not ours all over it. We called the front desk at around 6 pm and were told there was no staff to change the sheets and we would have to do it ourselves. The pool was fine except for the toilet that was backed up and overflowing. The breakfast quality was just OK. The pancake maker was empty and staff took quite some time to refill it. So I would say the operations needs some fine tuning, but the hotel itself was a decent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bearclaw43
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hi,

I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh. We thank you for your comments on your stay at our hotel. We are greatful that you took the time to let us know how we are doing and we appreciate you. Your comments will only make us a stronger hotel. Your survey and rating has been shared with every department in the hotel and issues were looked into. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am not sure what happened this visit...but this place took a marked turn downward since my last visit. The breakfast saturday morning was pathetic. The pancake machine was down and the scrambled eggs were overcooked and gross. When I asked them to make more they said there were already eggs in the pan. I would not feed the ones they put out there to my dog. In addition the person doing breakfast was doing double duty as cleaning lady and frequently left the breakfast area to clean rooms on the first floor. This double duty led to neglect in the breakfast area and no one being present to express concerns too. Although breakfast on sunday morning included pancakes since the machine was fixed...they were completely out of regular milk. This is not the norm for this hotel so they have an opportunity to right the ship...otherwise this place could go downhill fast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil K

Hello,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and most importantly thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey. I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh. We appreciate any guests who stay with us and gives us their feedback on our hotel and their stay. Your comments have been shared with the entire staff and we want to let you know your comments were heard. If you are ever in the Oshkosh area again, you are more than welcome to come and give us another try.