“The waitress save the day!”

Mahoney's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Oshkosh
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mahoney's serves comfort food with a modern twist.
Appleton, WI
“The waitress save the day!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We (grandparents and my daughter and I) had arrived on a Friday night, walked thru the dining room (that had 10 open tables) and to the hostess station and were told it would be an almost hour wait and it was 6:20 pm. The hostess said we could take a seat at the (packed) bar and she would call us. AFTER quarreling with her about how empty the dinign area was....We explained first of all we don't 'drink' second there were over 10 tables in the dining room were no one was sitting. She said they had a waiting list and we would just have to wait....soooo with a 9 yr old daughter starving we opted to leave back thru the dining room looking at all the empty tables. I mumbled as a waitress walked by that it was ridiculous to have to wait an hour when there were so many tables open. The waitress spun around and said could you repeat that please? So I did and she took us right over to HER station/table and said please sit down, I will be your waitress and we do not want you leaving! She went right out to the hostess and must have given her the berries to get the tables filled and came back only to be one of the best waitresses I've had in my entire life! She suggested the home made cheesecurds with home made dipping sauce...which came within 6 min....we ordered our main meal and she suggested we try different things; I had mac n cheese with broccoli that was home made (lovely), my father had the home made meatloaf (wonderful) and my mom had the chicken cordon bleau (awesome)..needless to say without THAT waitress I would have made a huge skunk on here about the rudeness of this place and the terrible hostess. Great food and wonderful waiteress...I think it might be time to get a new hostess though!!!

2 Thank pumpkin2009

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Small Menu but everything we had was exellent”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I went in expecting typical pub fair, but was pleasantly surprised by a menu that was small but elevated to take typical a step above. We had poutine for an appetizer, new england clam chowder, mushroom meatloaf and pan-fried walleye. Yum all around. Comfort food is their specialty. I will definitely go back my next visit.

1 Thank liz53012
Jewell, Iowa
“Unbelievably Delicious at Mahoney's in Oshkosh”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We relied on Trip Advisor to help us find a good restaurant for a Sunday night in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. We each had the Sunday night 4-piece Chicken special with home made mashed potatoes and salad. Has to be in the top two broasted chicken we'd every eaten. The Bloody Mary: outstanding. The waitress was top notch, the surroundings just what we had imagined a local supper club in Wisconsin would have and to eat, have drink, and watch the Packers win was a perfect ending for our day's drive. Mahoney's will be moving to a larger facility possibly late November.

1 Thank Richard S
New Lisbon, Wisconsin
“Friday Fish Fry”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had a great dinner at Mahoney's! Josh ordered the Large Haddock(because they were out of Cod by 9) and it was delicious not to mention a great portion size. I ordered the Chipotle Shrimp which had a perfect balance of spices. The table next to us also really enjoyed the Asian salmon salad, another healthy option on the menu. We were seated and served very quickly. From drinks to soup/salad and entree we couldn't have waited more then 20 minutes total. The Pur Class Vodka infusions were a nice touch and my Strawberry Rhubarb Martini was fantastic. Josh found his 7&7 weak and his IPA far too bitter but that's all in what you order I suppose. The Clam Chowder was spot on and the house salad with Italian Vinaigrette was also very good with a variety of lettuce on a nice salad plate. Overall we wouldn't drive all that way just for dinner here but enjoyed both the food and service immensely.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gregar88
“Nice local business”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We came to the restaurant due to the good Trip Advisor reviews. We were satisfied but not overly impressed. The food is average. The service was a little slow but friendly. If you want to skip chain restaurants this is a decent alternative.

• Visited August 2013