“The best, if not the only, site to see in Oshkosh.”

EAA Aviation Museum
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Oshkosh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, at the site of the world's largest aviation event (EAA AirVenture) the Museum is one of the most extensive aviation attractions in the world, a year-round destination for the entire family. Come and explore our world-class displays and galleries. Marvel at aviation innovations in our collection of more than 200 historic airplanes. Spend time in one of our four movie theaters. Take a ride in a vintage airplane at Pioneer Airport-a real working aerodrome right out of the "golden age" of aviation. Witness a piece of history in the Eagle Hangar, our tribute to World War II aviation and get "hands on" in the KidVenture Gallery, our exciting interactive gallery for kids of all ages!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've always wanted to see this museum having grown up in Milwaukee but it took me 50 years. For a 'small time' organization the museum was huge with fantastic exhibits and a great deal of interactive stuff!!! We went on a Sunday afternoon and were able to take all the time we wanted at all the exhibits. I'm an ex-avionics engineer, but my wife is a 3rd grade teacher and we both found the information presented interesting and relevant. The WWII section is fantastic as well with not only a selection of planes but a great overview of the great aeronautical battles. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

There are newer reviews for EAA Aviation Museum

Reviewed April 16, 2013

EAA's museum is wonderful. Every aviation enthusiast should go. There is an expansive amount of history and the air show they put on each summer is even better.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went with our granddaughters over spring break, it was really interesting to all of us. Lots of hands-on things for the kids and a great way to have them learn of the history of air travel and warfare. We all said we wanted to go again in the future, as there was much more to see and do there.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to take my boyfriend somewhere for a late present, and we go to Country USA in Oshkosh every year, so we ALWAYS see the museum when we are in the area. It was the first time we went there and didn't know what to expect but as soon as we drove onto the main road to the museum and walked through the doors, I felt like I was a kid again!! :) The captivating sites as you walk through the doors are nothing compared to the rest of the place! Our favorite was the military hanger. We plan on going back again soon and hopefully bringing more people along so they can enjoy it! It is definetly worth the price! We also really loved the kids area which is very hands on, but once again it is for all ages :)

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been here since I was a kid so took my husband here. Great museum, lots to look at and kidventure is fun even for adults. The only thing I would say is that its not a very good value for the money compared to other museums I've been to across the country. Luckily we had a buy one get one coupon or we wouldn't have gone. $12.50 a person is very high or this size/type museum especially since the main exhibits don't change.