Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Burlington, Wisconsin
“Battle of Bago”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Love this hotel in Oshkosh. Best place to stay while my husband was fishing on the Battle of Bago fishing contest. It offered me all that I need while he was fishing. Loved the onsite food services offered. Will stay here again if we are in the area again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Kenosha, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was here for a business meeting. I enjoyed the breakfast and lunch that was served. My room was very nice and clean but didn't like the bed. The hotel as a whole was very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and stay again. I would look forward to coming in the summer though to see the waterfront and the ships come thru the draw bridge. .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Oshkosh
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night and night after our wedding. The pool was full of a kid birthday party group. We could not enjoy that. Room service was cold and incorrect and way overpriced. The room itself was very nice, beds very comfortable and clean. I would NOT stay here if you want to relax other then in your room. And do not order room service

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Cindy H
Daniel S, General Manager at Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I appreciate and thank you for the valuable time you took to share your comments about your stay. Please accept my personal apologies for your disappointments during your visit.

Thank you for acknowledging that the room was nice, the beds were comfortable and the hotel was clean.

The restaurant and room service has earned a reputation with our local guests and hotel guests for providing a quality product at a value price. Your experience truly is not typical. I asked my restaurant manager, Jason, to look into your issue and respond to you. In quotes, below, is his response.

“I am sorry that you experienced an incorrect and cold room service order. To say that it was unacceptable would be quite the understatement. Please be assured that the issues which occurred have been taken up with the Room Service Attendant, the Kitchen Expeditor, and the rest of the Ground Round Management team. Thank you for offering the feedback you did so we can use it as a coaching opportunity to better serve you and other guests in the future”. Jason C., Ground Round General Manager

Regretfully, inadvertent issues can occur. My team and I have great pride and train to provide the best in customer service and product throughout the hotel. We will continue our process improvement steps with our room service delivery.

I regret the pool was noisy with loud kids and parents yelling. We do not sell or promote birthday parties in our pool area. I suspect this was another hotel guest staying in the hotel and one of their children was having a birthday and had other relatives staying in other rooms. If this was something that was not of the nature of normal family activity in a pool area, I apologize that a member of our management team did not notice this and did not take action to bring it under control. Another alternative would be to inform one of our front desk team so that a member of management could address the issue at hand. I am truly sorry it became an issue during your time at the pool.

We will continue to put our efforts towards creating a pleasurable memorable experience for our guests. I hope by addressing our guests’ comments, I can improve our current and future customer’s faith in us, as we work to always improve. I am hopeful you will respond to the earlier direct email I sent you so I can personally address your room service issue.

Kind Regards,
Caledonia, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great room comfortable and roomy. Lots to do inside and as well as outside..swimming, jacuzzi ,game room, exercise room, bar lounge with a restuarant attached (Ground Round)..excellant food and appetizers and drink specials. The location in downtown make it convienient to walk to entertainment,restuarants and bars. Very enjoyable stay as all the staff was friendly and acccomidating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Oshkosk, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Showers back up into the tub and black crap came into the tub from the drain. Reported it in the morning and had same problem second day... This should have been fixed or offered different room....Other wise location and the free breakfast at the Ground round was worth it..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Daniel S, General Manager at Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Please accept my personal apology for this negative experience during your stay. I am very sorry this issue was not handled to your satisfaction.

The hotel was closed for just under 15 months in order to complete what amounted to a $13 million renovation. We believe debris from renovations and loosened debris from the pipes drying and not being used for over a year caused some build-up in areas of the plumbing. Some drain back-up has occurred on a very intermittent basis and we have been able to resolve these instances in very short order. We expected we had your problem resolved on the first day of your stay and had no reason to believe this would occur a second time. Like unexpected and unwanted maintenance issues in our own homes, the first try at a remedy to a situation isn’t always 100% successful. When you brought the matter to our attention, we offered a substantial discount to the cost of your rooms for the inconvenience. We believed you had left the hotel satisfied with this service gesture. After reviewing this Trip Advisor post, I am concerned that we did not. Please contact me if I can assist you any further with this incident.

I hope by addressing your comments and the comments of our other guests, I can improve your faith in us and the Best Western brand as we always work to make improvements with the goal of earning your loyalty as a return guest.
Kaukauna, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Excellent hotel, nice bar, and a great restaraunt. Well located on the river-nice river walk and outdoor patio. Convenient parking in hotel ramp with easy access. Highly recommended. Staff was outstanding-very helpful and courteous.

Grafton, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. We had a great time in the Ground Round Lounge. The food prices are reasonable and the food was good. We had some good appetizers in the lounge and an awesome breakfast the next morning. Thank you for a good time!