“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwaukee, WI
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding last weekend. Check in was very smooth. I got my room right away. This hotel switched owners and had a huge renovation. The room was very modern and clean. It came with the usual amenities, and also had a small microwave and refrigerator and a safe. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows were a little puffy for my taste (which I say in every review). The bedside lamp had plugs in it for plugging in my phone, which is great. Nothing is more annoying having to plug in your phone across the room. The closet doors were full length mirrors, so that was a plus, too. As for noise, the doors seem paper thin, as you can hear actual conversations in the hallway, but I suppose that is normal. I don't recall hearing anything specifically through the walls on either side of my room, nor above me.

The bathroom was spacious, and the lighting was great for putting on make up. There was even a adjustable make up mirror attached to the wall. I did not use the hair dryer, as I brought my own, so I do not know the quality of theirs. The water pressure was great in both the sink and shower, and hot water came right away. The shower head was adjustable for the type of spray of water, which was excellent. The towels were more plush than the average hotel towels, but weren't as plush as a 5* hotel. Still good.

The bar had great happy hours during the day and late night. They had complimentary popcorn, as well. I did not eat dinner there, though. Breakfast in the morning was set up nicely, and the dining area was clean with plenty of staff around. I suppose there was plenty to eat, including hot items, but they were pretty institutional, rather than fresh. I lucked out that the chef happened to be standing by the hot items, and was able to tell me which items were gluten free.

When I was ready to go to the wedding, I wanted to take the shuttle (advertised on the website) to the wedding site, rather than drive, and was told there is no shuttle. Front desk tried to call a cab from 2 different companies, but there was a 30 minute wait for both, and I needed to get to the wedding in 15 minutes. Abbey (I think her name is - She seemed like the manager) tried to get maintenance to take me, but nobody was available, so she took me in her own car. I thought that was awesome. Had she not been there to come up with a solution/alternative, the other two girls would have done nothing to rectify the situation. I was very impressed, and it made the whole stay worth while.

The only reason I gave this 4 * was for the breakfast. But would totally come back for everything else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mssnappy1972
Abby T, Manager at Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a through review of the hotel! It is greatly appreciated. Our goal is to make every guest as happy with their stay as we possible can. Going above and beyond for a guest when possible is part of what makes guests want to stay with us again. We are glad that we were able to meet all of your needs and appreciate your input. Thank you for letting us know your feelings on breakfast and we will revisit our foods and see what works best for the hotel. Thank you again for the time you took to write and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. I was so impressed with the pillows that I bought one! Beds and bedding heavenly. But the best part are the employees (including the shuttle driver!) I was so impressed when I called to make my reservation and my amazement continued during our stay. I wish I would have gotten the names of the girls at the front desk. They are superior.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C K
Abby T, Manager at Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff to be friendly, courteous and helpful. Our goal is to make people feel comfortable and at home, enjoying their stay, and wanting to return at a future date.
We look forward to seeing you again and appeciate your time. Its always great to hear from our guests and to know that they enjoyed their stay.
Silverlake
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our best stop during an eight day trip through mid-west. We had a corner river view king. The room was very comfortable with windows overlooking the river running the whole length of the room.
Restaurant and room service were above average and reasonably priced.
Pool and hot tub were a treat
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: River view is worthwhile
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicoofSilverlake
Abby T, Manager at Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
You have made our day, taking the time to write your review about our property. We are thrilled that we were your best stop on your eight day trip through the Midwest! We strive to bring our guest the very best in service and product. Thank you for letting us know we provided both of those things to you, during your stay. It's extremely important to us how guests are accomidated and that they feel comfortable and at home with us. Thank you again for your input and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from May 16-18, 2013. The accommodations were fantastic. They had just remodeled this location and it is beautiful. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The hotel staff provided me with excellent customer service. The quality of the food was outstanding. I cannot say enough about this hotel and its excellent customer service.

Room Tip: I had a corner room that overlooked the water and it was very quiet. It was at the end of the hallw...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tammy P
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. Traveling from out of state and finding a comfortable place to stay at the end of your journey is extremely important. We are glad that you found that excellent customer service and nice hotel with us. We appreciate your input and look forward to a possible future visit from you.
Manteca, California
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Rooms were well designed and excellently maintained. If you go to Oshkosh, it is the place to stay. Great views of the Fox River and Lake Winnebago. If you like to fish, make this your home base. If you are having a meeting, have it here. The rooms were first class and well appointed. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and knowlegable. I enjoyed my stay very much. If I am ever in the area again, I will stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MagicJack2000
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review. The rebuild of this hotel turned out fantastic and its great to know that guests feel the same way. Being near the water has made the hotel not only a great place for boaters and fisherme but its also provides fantastic views from out guestrooms. Your review, letting us know these particular amenities matter is perfect. We are thrilled that your visit was a success and that you had a great stay. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've been looking forward to checking out the total renovation of this hotel first-hand, and I was not disappointed. We stayed one night, ate at the Ground Round for dinner and breakfast, and had a great experience. The patio at the restaurant had just opened, but it was a little too cold out to enjoy it.

Nice rooms, extremely clean (I mean it's brand new, so that's expected, but it's nice!), super friendly staff. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ACBP
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. We are glad that you were able to try the restaurant and had an enjoyable experience. Hopefully, on your next visit, the weather will be nice so you can enjoy the outdoor patio. Guests imjput is extremely important to us and our future guest so thank you again for letting us know how your stay went. We look forward to seeing you again.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Excellent facility for that hotel workout. The room is inviting with its wooden floor, clean and working machines, good view of tv's....yes, more than one, work-out mats, two full exercise balls and a stack of medicine balls.

Hotel is an excellent location in beautiful downton Oshkosh on the water, easy walking outside. Good restaurant, bar and overall accomodations would recommend to anyone staying in Oshkosh.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Abby T, Manager at Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the fitness center and the fact that it was comfortable for you. When we remodeled one of our goals was to give guests a fitness center that reminded them of a small gym that had something for everyone, was convenient and had an inviting atmosphere. Thank you again for your input and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.