“Nice find”

Osceola River Valley Inn
Osceola River Valley Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Osceola B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stopped at a nearby Holiday Inn, but it was booked. River Valley Inn was recommended so we proceeded there and got a room. Ours was a large king room and was very comfortable. There was a large TV, coffee maker, sofa, desk, but no hair dryer, shampoo/conditioner, or laundry bags. The room was clean and the complimentary Continental breakfast was presented well and was satisfactory. We would stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was my second stay and again everything was fine. No problems, room was clean and comfortable. It's very convenient for my needs. Staff was nice and breakfast was good. There are not a lot of options in the area, there is a Holiday Inn in the next town or two up but it's quite expensive and not nearly as convenient for me. Price and location are great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stay at this hotel several times a year when visiting family in the area. Sometimes the staff is nice, other times downright rude. This hotel needs updating fast. The beds and pillows are hard, the towels tiny and very scratchy, both our rooms had broken toilet seats, and there are no hair dryers or irons in the room. On the plus side: new flatscreen tvs, refrigerators in the rooms, and the rooms and hotel are very clean. We pay around $89 a night - which is a budget price, but not budget enough for this hotel. I'm thinking $49-50 would be more in line with the quality of the rooms.

There are not a lot of options in this area, they could charge more if they upgraded the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend get away and thought this small town would be great. Hotel was very clean and had a great home style feeling. My room was very large for a small hotel, flat screen tvs were great. Staff was exceptionally friendly, owned and operated by husband and wife with two kids. I was looking for an area to sight see this beautiful landscape, the owner Barbara reccomended interstate park on the minnesota side of the river. It was about a 20 min ride to the park. Bring your hiking shoes cause its a great off the trail park. I spent 2 hrs hiking the trails and enjoying the beautiful scenery. I wish my stay could have lasted longer but I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Andrew O
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Ok I read the reviews. I stayed here to visit my friend and his family in Osceola. There are not many options in this part of the state. I had absolutely no problems during my 4 days here. The staff was very nice. The place is owned and operated by a family (mom, dad and two kids) who moved from Chicago and live on site. Mom and Dad are from Europe originally so if you think you are going to party at the bar across the way then make noise at 11PM or trash the pool, you have another thing coming. If you want a nice place to stay which is quite, this is the place. I suspect that was the issue with the "wedding party" that had trouble here if you read the other reviews.. They just installed flat panel TV's in the rooms and are working on upgrades to the mattresses. My room was clean and neat. The lobby and breakfast areas,likewise. I did not use the pool or hot tub during my stay so no comment there. Housekeeping was good and again, I had absolutely no issues. I did arrive early and asked if I could check in and could not, but the posted check in time is 3PM not Noon. I did not see a computer in the lobby, which is not unusual as most people come into town by car, very few air travelers but that would be a nice upgrade although they will print things for you at the front desk. Super stay and I will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank JohnS51
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Simply put...horrible customer service,unprofessional staff and a unclean hotel. You are better off camping somewhere in the area rather than paying to stay at this joke of a hotel

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank brotherhood2011
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My family and I stayed here during Thanksgiving to visit family in the area. Everything was to my satisfaction. My kids really enjoyed the indooor pool, jacuzzi and breakfast in the morning. Osceola is a lovely town with a beautiful waterfall we visit every year. Seems as though all of the negative comments about the property are from a wedding group that stayed there one time...my family and I have been staying here from the time the hotel opened and have never had any issues. Definetly recommend visiting Taylor Falls nearby and Trollhagen if you are traveling with children.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bolek27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osceola
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Chisago City
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 2 in Chisago City
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Forest Lake
AmericInn Lodge & Suites North Branch

Been to Osceola River Valley Inn? Share your experiences!