“Great food at fantastic prices!” 5 of 5 bubbles

DeBroux Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jefferson St.
Description: Formerly known as Brous Nellie's
Hilton Head Island, SC
“Great food at fantastic prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was at this restaurant with my father and brother who are residents of Oregon (Ravenoaks). I was visiting from Hilton Head Island, SC. I had an unusually good burger with spicy fries. The room was attractive and service was attentive. I would not hesitate to return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This diner has a great variety of food to chose from. The staff is friendly. I have told my family and friends about this gem of a place. I will definately be a regular customer. Love it!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Kaen66
wisconsin
“Out of the way, old Diner feel, new upscale food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Didn't want to handle the traffic of Madison, went a bit south and off the road and found this little corner diner. It was a Monday noon and the place was packed. The staff were working their tails off and kept apologizing for delaying us - there was no delay, it was awesome. We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, which were very good, and I had coconut shrimp, potato pancakes and grilled veggies. The shrimp had a pina colada sauce. I want to say that this food was really good. The atmosphere was old Woolworths with booths and round spinny stools at the counter. It felt like you were at an old diner, but all modern. I loved it. Plus they served a Sam Addams Beer! and they have wine if you so desire. All the food was greatly seasoned, appropriately seasoned, not overseasoned but had flavor; which is so rare these days. I loved the grilled veggies, they were not frozen. The potato pancakes were big, brown and crispy and again, had good flavor. I was impressed. Lunch for 2 was under $30.00 with one beer. The menu had appetizers and breakfast - everything you need. Not sure of the hours, but I will go there again.

• Visited July 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Oregon's diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nice place to go, nice interior, very friendly staff, good burgers, every day special meals, a place for lunch or dinner.

Verona, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I enjoyed this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I do not live in Oregon and today was my first visit to this restaurant. I've read quite a few mediocre reviews for this place, but I have to say that I had a very good experience. We went for lunch during the week. It was not crowded. I ordered the Turkey Club Sandwich on sourdough bread with a cup Tomato and Tortellini Soup. The soup was ok, not inspired, but I very much enjoyed my sandwich. It was very large and very tasty. Our food was served in record time. The waitress was attentive and friendly. I liked the fun decor. Granted, I had never been to the restaurant under the previous management, so I don't know what the decor or the food were like then. I enjoyed my experience here and would definitely go back. My only criticism would be that it did seem to be just slightly more expensive than your usual sandwiches, but not outrageous.

Visited January 2012