“Go for Pizza, not entrees.”

Angelinis Ristorante and Pizzeria
Ranked #22 of 61 Restaurants in Onalaska
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have been there three times, twice for pizza and the last for entree orders. Unfortunately their entree service is lacking. I ordered the quatro chicken and my wife ordered the tortellini and a bottle of wine. On the menu, they make it very clear that my entree has "NO PASTA" (Their CAPS) so I wondered what it was I was getting. I asked, will their be a bread basket, and was told there was bread with the meal.

Well. 30 minutes into our wait, no salad, no bread. So I asked our waiter for some bread as we needed something to kill the time. By 40 minutes into our wait, the three tables that had arrived after us had their Pizzas. 50 minutes into our wait, my wife finally asks our waiter if we were being fed tonight and I ordered two glasses of wine as we were out. I also suggested to the waiter that they should consider comping us the wine.

At about an hour, the food arrived and lets just sat it was odd, My chicken was two breasts with smothered in what was maybe a pound of sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms. It was suitable for family style dining but not as a single portion. My wife had a similar huge portion, of tortellini that appeared to be grilled and resultingly stiff. There was no salad, no side vegetables portion and a piece of garlic bread, For about $17 an entree, their ideas of portions and what an entree course is will probably surprise most diners.

We eat out a lot, and we rarely complain, but we did feel forgotten and ignored. Unfortunately, the evening went down hill further when the manager came up and basically said "you gotta problem here"? I did not ask to talk to him, but there he was in our face. So my wife explained with deep frustration how long we waited and how unhappy she was. Well, we learned that everything is hand prepped and they were busy and that's how it is with entrees. No apology, no listening, and frankly, if I hadn't told my wife "look, he's made his point there's nothing more to say", I think he would have been there until we apologized for to him being so unreasonable.

So that was our fun evening. we spent $96 including tips, (I tip well), there wasn't even a hint of comping us for the wine. Ps had I looked, I probably would have found that they charged me for the slices of Garlic Toast we had while waiting. I should have bought a $20 pizza instead.

They have great pizza, really nice staff, but the manager ruined my night, That and their really odd idea of huge entree portions with no sides or salads while taking an hour for service.

7  Thank OkraBob

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was my first time at Angelinis...what a hidden gold-mine. It was EXCELLENT. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was lovely and the service was the best!!!! I strongly recommend this place!!!!

1  Thank Minnesota09
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was our first evening dining. The pasta was good, but not outstanding. Previously we had lunch here and had a very good pizza.
As you enter, there is a sign on the hostess stand that reads "the customer is not always right". What?
The entree comes with one slice of garlic bread...anything else is an additional charge. I asked to have the garlic bread before the entree. Answer, No!, no explanation.
The owner sits at the bar, playing cribbage while all others were very busy. He seems to only seat customers. On being seated, I commented about the wonderful smell of the food. He said "we showered today"....thought that was odd.
The wait staff was attentive and our food delivered promptly and hot...the owner's wife stopped at the table to ask how we enjoyed our meal. That was a positive.

2  Thank Ruth K
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had the eggplant parmigiana. It was fine, just fine. There was nothing spectular about it. By about 3/4 of the way through eating it, I started to get tired of it and wished I had tried something else. It felt very "one note." The service was efficient, if not a little "hovering." Decor is fine. I didn't have a reservation for a Tuesday night 5:30 dinner (relatively open tables), and I was placed by the door, so I was cold throughout the meal.

I dined with a friend who had been several times, and she said the pizza was worth trying, but she was underwhelmed with her entree that night, too.

3  Thank Amdanbo
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Love the bar, owner always talks to us and the other customers, and it is nice to be remembered when you come in! Great ambience, and the Pasta Diavlo is the best if you are into spicy food. Their pizza is also very good. I have not ate in the dining area yet, but looked in and there are candles on every table so if you wanted to go somewhere romantic, that would be it!

1  Thank MissMargie19