“Odd experience, pasta good”

Angelinis Ristorante and Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Onalaska
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
La Crosse
“Odd experience, pasta good”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was our first evening dining. The pasta was good, but not outstanding. Previously we had lunch here and had a very good pizza.
As you enter, there is a sign on the hostess stand that reads "the customer is not always right". What?
The entree comes with one slice of garlic bread...anything else is an additional charge. I asked to have the garlic bread before the entree. Answer, No!, no explanation.
The owner sits at the bar, playing cribbage while all others were very busy. He seems to only seat customers. On being seated, I commented about the wonderful smell of the food. He said "we showered today"....thought that was odd.
The wait staff was attentive and our food delivered promptly and hot...the owner's wife stopped at the table to ask how we enjoyed our meal. That was a positive.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ruth K

Wisconsin
“May be back for the pizza”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had the eggplant parmigiana. It was fine, just fine. There was nothing spectular about it. By about 3/4 of the way through eating it, I started to get tired of it and wished I had tried something else. It felt very "one note." The service was efficient, if not a little "hovering." Decor is fine. I didn't have a reservation for a Tuesday night 5:30 dinner (relatively open tables), and I was placed by the door, so I was cold throughout the meal.

I dined with a friend who had been several times, and she said the pizza was worth trying, but she was underwhelmed with her entree that night, too.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Amdanbo
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Awesome Pasta”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Love the bar, owner always talks to us and the other customers, and it is nice to be remembered when you come in! Great ambience, and the Pasta Diavlo is the best if you are into spicy food. Their pizza is also very good. I have not ate in the dining area yet, but looked in and there are candles on every table so if you wanted to go somewhere romantic, that would be it!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank MissMargie19
Onalaska, Wisconsin, United States
“Repeat customers”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I have been here many times since they opened their doors in Onalaska. My wife says that their red sauce is as close to her Italian grandmother's as she has ever had at a restaurant. This statement was echoed by another of our friends whose grandmother was born and raised in Italy. The serving sizes are very large and I've always been able to have enough leftovers for another meal. Their pizza is on par for some of the other non-chain restaurants in the area. I've never tried their Alfredo sauce but I've heard from a few people this is the one thing that they don't do as well. If you go there, get something with their red sauce and you will go home happy and full!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Lucas B
“Find a different place, there are many better!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice. Both times the management was rude, the food was average, and the bartending horrible. We were off one number on the quantity for our reservation and they refused to give another chair to our reservation (even with many empty chairs around). They were extremely rude to two other groups besides ours that evening, in all offending five local families to the extent that they will not ever return. Not bad for one night! Our visits have been eerily similar to the "no soup for you" Seinfeld episode, unfortunately not as funny. Rudely telling patrons who order the sandwich that is on the menu is like "ordering spaghetti at a Chinese restaurant" and refusing to accommodate families with teenage children, the food is not worth the rude and arrogant ownership. Pick a different local place - there are many better!

• Visited December 2013