“Awesome Pasta”

Dining options: Reservations
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Awesome Pasta”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Love the bar, owner always talks to us and the other customers, and it is nice to be remembered when you come in! Great ambience, and the Pasta Diavlo is the best if you are into spicy food. Their pizza is also very good. I have not ate in the dining area yet, but looked in and there are candles on every table so if you wanted to go somewhere romantic, that would be it!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank MissMargie19

Onalaska, Wisconsin, United States
“Repeat customers”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I have been here many times since they opened their doors in Onalaska. My wife says that their red sauce is as close to her Italian grandmother's as she has ever had at a restaurant. This statement was echoed by another of our friends whose grandmother was born and raised in Italy. The serving sizes are very large and I've always been able to have enough leftovers for another meal. Their pizza is on par for some of the other non-chain restaurants in the area. I've never tried their Alfredo sauce but I've heard from a few people this is the one thing that they don't do as well. If you go there, get something with their red sauce and you will go home happy and full!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Lucas B
“Find a different place, there are many better!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice. Both times the management was rude, the food was average, and the bartending horrible. We were off one number on the quantity for our reservation and they refused to give another chair to our reservation (even with many empty chairs around). They were extremely rude to two other groups besides ours that evening, in all offending five local families to the extent that they will not ever return. Not bad for one night! Our visits have been eerily similar to the "no soup for you" Seinfeld episode, unfortunately not as funny. Rudely telling patrons who order the sandwich that is on the menu is like "ordering spaghetti at a Chinese restaurant" and refusing to accommodate families with teenage children, the food is not worth the rude and arrogant ownership. Pick a different local place - there are many better!

• Visited December 2013
11 Thank berbecker
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Surprise gem in little Onalaska, WI”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Live in the Vegas area and visited family back home. The original place we were going to go to was closed so this was our secondary.

Great choice! Relaxed, subdued atmosphere. Server was very good and the food (thin crust pizza) was great. Loved the fresh mozzarella on the pizza versus the rubbery stuff other pizza places use and their in-house made tiramisu made all the difference in how I rate Italian places.

Fresh ingredients, homemade taste, good atmosphere.

Sorry "other restaurant" that was closed Monday, I found a better place.

• Visited December 2013
“Tasty Pizza - pleasant subdued lighting.”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Wife and I had a medium pizza (which was big) and ordered a simple pepperoni. It was VERY tasty. The mozzarella was fresh and not that rubbery crap at most places. Family members ordered the Hawaiian, and Margareta Pizza. All very tasty.

The cheesy garlic bread was fantastic.

The decor was very nice with subdued lighting. We had 8 people at a round table and were quite cramped with 4 pizzas on the table but they made it work.

For dessert, we had the Tiramisu....WOW. I'll go back there just for that. Was told it was made on premises.

• Visited November 2013