“Wonderful AGAIN!”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friends and I booked a room here while we were attending an event in town. The hotel was sold out but we had no problems. The staff knew how to manage the full hotel with ease, and Sarah at the front desk was very accomodating to make sure we had a room in a quiet area of the hotel! The staff is always friendly and the hotel is a great place. I especially love the pond out front! We will return again soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 16, 2013

So glad the Hampton Inn had no vacancies and referred me to the Stoney Creek Inn. What a wonderful facility. It was more than a hotel with all of the amenities -- it was like a high end lodge with lots of character. The manager who checked me in went above and beyond and set me up in a great room with everything I needed including windows that opened, and a quiet night's sleep. I enjoyed my morning coffee by the beautiful stone fireplace and completed my stay by purchasing some unique gifts at the gift shop. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Don't let the name "Inn" fool you -- this is a top notch facility modeled after a moun...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel severl times and always had a pleasant stay, however after this past weekend will not stay or recommend this hotel again. Woke up on Sunday and no hot water, when I called the desk was told the boilers had both gone out but had been fixed and just wait ten minutes to shower and we would have hot water - 1 hour later still no hot water. Next after a nice cold shower the hair dryer started to spark and smoke while in my hand using it. Then went to make coffee only to find coffee left in the pot from someone else. When checking out Jeff did not offer a good moring, how was your stay just took my card and handed my a copy of the receipt. Felt very unwelcomed. Susan

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Wow, I can certainly understand your disappointment and I offer our humble apologies for your recent experience. Lack of compassion by our staff is unacceptable and fortunately is very rare indeed, but will be re-addressed immediately with all team members. Since you have had ‘pleasant’ previous experiences, we hope that you realize this one instance was both unusual and unique. Sometimes, though rarely, mechanical failures just seem unavoidable, but that being said it does not excuse all of the disappointment you expressed in this review. The last thing we want any of our guests to encounter is the feeling of being unwelcomed. Thank you for sharing and allowing us to correct any and all of these references so future guests, hopefully including you, will never encounter those disappointments again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Everything about this place is what you want a getaway to be: clean, courteous staff, comfortable, a pool and hot tub, exciting decor. The problem for my husband and I is that while we were in our room trying to relax on Friday night, there were what sounded like herds of buffalo running down the hall above us and on the stairways. My husband complained to the desk about all the noise children were making, and it did seem to quiet down a little, but not much. It seems that there needs to be either a sign that insists children walk and then it needs to be reinforced, or this hotel needs to do some serious soundproofing.

Room Tip: Choose the back which looks out over a field and the bluffs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The non profit that I work for arranged a 2-day training at the Stoney Creek Inn in Onalaska, WI. I want to report that because of the attentive, professional service, our training was a success. Standout members of the staff include: Elissa, Jerrod, Matthew, Kelsey, and others whose names I did not get. An obvious dediction to provide precise service to the customers is why I am taking the time to write this report. We were "high maintenance" customers, yet we were afforded positive and thorough treatment by the staff. Thank you for establishing a climate of good and friendly service. I hope I will get to train there again.
Julie Coffey, Military Child Education Coalition

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I bring several bus groups to this hotel every year. Why?
1. The fun atmosphere. This is not your typical cookie-cutter hotel. Stoney Creek puts the fun back into travel with uniquely decorated rooms in a Northwoods theme. I use many Stoney Creek Inns for my bus groups; and this is my favorite (so far), because it features a greater variety of unique room themes and upgrades than the others.
2. The staff. They go out of their way to help. We had a storm & power outage during one of our group stays. The staff immediately brought out glow sticks for guests, helped our group carry luggage down stairs, and even escorted lighted paths to restrooms. We felt safe & cozy. That's service!
3. The indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub are huge. Plenty of room for a group.
4. Hallways are VERY long - too long for some people in our group to walk to an end room; but staff make efforts to accommodate guests who have difficulty walking, with room assignments close to the lobby or elevators.
5. Groups are greeted with freshly baked cookies & lemonade.
6. If lemonade isn't your thing, the hotel also features a bar.
7. This hotel is located in Onalaska (not in LaCrosse, but nearby). It is off the main tourism trail. We like that -- that means peace & quiet. It rests along a conservations area. We spot whitetail deer and watch mist rise over the colorful bluffs in the fall.
8. It is near conveniences -- many restaurants, shopping and medical center.
9. The covered entry is high enough for a motorcoach. Overhead clearance is too low at some Stoney Creek Inns for a coach to pull up to the door & we must unload luggage across the parking lot in the rain. Whoever designed this entry knew what they were doing.
10. Apparently, other groups agree with me about this hotel because we are seldom alone.

Room Tip: Best views are the back of the hotel (not the parking lot front side). Ask for a Lower Level (bas...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kay27
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I really liked the way the hotel was designed with 5 or 6 different themed rooms. Some had Hot tubs and fireplaces and others had a kitchen with everything buy a stove. The breakfast they had for the hotel was okay with the only hot idiom was Biscuits and gravy. Which is fine but because we had a kitchen we fried up steak and eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt and more. But cooking was tricky with one frying pan so call down and get a second one before you start cooking.
The Staff was Awesome!! very friendly and helpful in every part for the hotel from the first desk, to the guy who brought up the cot, the bartender, to the girls working the breakfast bar. Great staff all around.
We enjoyed our stay and the only thing that could have made it better would have been a water park.

Room Tip: Ask what the types are the staff is very helpful, maybe have more pictures of each style of the room...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onalaska
Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska
GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
Baymont Inn & Suites La Crosse/Onalaska
Hampton Inn & Suites La Crosse Downtown
Radisson Hotel La Crosse
Radisson Hotel La Crosse
#4 of 20 in La Crosse

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse? Share your experiences!