“Good Food - Great Selection”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #11 of 61 Restaurants in Onalaska
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my first experience with Olive Garden. I was amazed at the selection. I had the shrimp parmesan pasta. My mom had the minestrone soup and very large (and superb) green garden salad.

The staff were friendly but inexperienced - chalk that up to a New Year's Eve when probably the core staff took off early. What they lacked in experience, they made up for in enthusiasm.

An excellent meal and a wonderful evening! Smiles all around!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Nice place at lunch for zuppo and salad - reasonably priced. Older interior - needs a bit of upgrade to compete locally.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

It may be a chain, but the food and service at this Olive Garden is just amazing. I highly recommend the Zuppa Tuscana soup. They are great about shared entrees also, which many restaurants discourage.

1  Thank Kclynnd
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It is very hard to find fault with anything at this Olive Garden. A friend and I went there to celebrate my birthday. I was very surprised to find it so busy at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a Saturday in February. We didn't have to wait for a table however. We got one of the last ones available. There was a nice cross section of diners that afternoon, including couples, families with young children and even a few solos. I always enjoy their Pasta e Fagioli (sort of an Italian chili soup) and their garden salad never disappoints. I had the Lasagna as my entree and it was delicious, as always. My friend had the Grilled Shrimp Caprese. I did not taste it, but it just did not look good....the shrimp were small and looked overcooked and the angelhair pasta looked bland and undercooked. The service was wonderful, as always. Our young waiter checked in with us several times during the meal and even told us when he was going on break and pointed out the waiter who would be available to help us while he was gone. He was also very helpful in describing certain items on the menu. Prices are a little high, in my opinion. For us, it makes a very nice place to go for a special occasion meal.

1  Thank WiddoMouse
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I still enjoy the Olive Garden. Probably the best in town for Italian.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!