“Great place!”
Review of Seasons by the Lake - CLOSED

Seasons by the Lake
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Seasons by the Lake overlooks Lake Onalaska and the Mighty Mississippi Valley. Our view is outstanding. Enjoy dinner inside in our comfortable dinning room, or our lounge or our outdoor patio.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went there for the first time last night, this is one of the best places in the area. Had the Chili crusted shrimp that was out of this world! Prices range from $8 to $29 dollars and is worth every penny. The renovations were spot on, staff new the menu and our waitress Bonnie was excellent in pointing out the gluten free items. Executive Chef Anthony came to the table to introduce himself and talk about the dishes we had, great choice for a chef and made you feel welcome and wanted. Can't wait for the weather to get warmer to enjoy the view from the patio!! GREAT JOB!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Thought we'd try the new renovated restaurant....My husband had the rib eye, he gave it an average rating....a bit on the bland side but overall okay. I ordered the friday night fish special, fish was fried a bit too long, I cut the batter fried fish with my fork and all the fish separated from the batter and also tasted a bit burnt. The tossed salad was great! A nice mix of greens and veggies.
We would not make a special trip back again.
The waitstaff was very nice....did see alot of coughing and sneezing by staff and no hand washing....sorry, I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

2  Thank miller1
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Selected Seasons on the Lake as a spot to meet up with a couple girl friends. Monday is half off selected bottles of wine-so we split one. The put it on one bill to start, but when we asked they split it up between two! We all shared two appetizers--the cheese curds and the artichoke dip. The cheese curds were freshly dipped and wonderous--best restaurant curds I've had in a long long time! The artichoke dip had a hint of lemon and was excellent as well. Two of us had pasta and cleaned our plates (literally we were almost licking them clean it was that good). The other had a burger and I heard no complaints about that. We also split the creme bruele which was excellent too. Our server was polite and prompt and didn't rush us. Unlike a chain place we found that we had time to actually enjoy each course and to visit too. No one rushed us to leave or to place our orders. Chef Anthony and his staff are fantastic and worth a visit or several!! Can be a casual spot or a fine dining experience.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I took my wife and another friend to this place. I ordered batter fried cod. I figured I would order something easy that they could not screw up. How wrong I was. We we received our bowl of dinner rolls they were literally FROZEN. When I got my meal the fish was burnt. The batter was not golden brown as it should be it was black. This was not blackened fish it was burnt. Whoever they have in the kitchen expediting should be fired. Very bland tasting. My wife's food was ok. She and my friend ate their meals, I did not eat mine. We left the frozen dinner rolls and my burnt fish dinner and left. The prices are very high for this area. I think that they should have left the old restaurant as it was a family restaurant. You could not afford to take your family to this place. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

4  Thank Dan P
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stoppd by, we are from out of town. Had the ribeye and the mahi mahi. the steak was done just right, and had great making and flavor. I also got the caramelized onions and mushrooms, which I was glad I did. the other entree was amazing, never had mahi so good, anywhere, and the caper pasta it was served over was some of the best, with we could have had some more. Service here is excellent, with wait staff always available and ready and honest about what they like. We would definitely eat here again I'd ever in town. great views and atmosphere toll. complete package.

2  Thank gritz71