“Good view and good breakfasts.”

Blue Moon Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Onalaska
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Before going for an all day bike ride on the many bike trails in the area, my nephew and I had great breakfasts two days in a row at the Blue Moon. Very large size portions, great service and very good views made the stops very worthwhile. This restaurant is a keeper.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

After day of shopping in Lacrosse, we stopped for a late lunch. There was only one server on duty but she was extremely nice and attentive. We ordered the chicken wings for an appetizer - they were delicious. My rueben and my husband's steak sand. were also great. There happy hour is from 2-6. The beers were only 2$. We will be back!

1  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Tried Blue Moon for a Friday fish fry. The food was good, the service attentive. The atmosphere comfortable, though not outstanding. We were seated close to the salad bar, a bit away from the bar, which was nice, but it also made for a busy spot. We were there early so it wasn't too crowded. Server was training a new person, and was quite attentive. As far as the atmosphere, its a restaurant and bar with something of a "northwoods" feel. I think our 12 year old would be comfortable there, but it isn't a fancy place, especially with all the servers wearing matching t-shirts. Not bad, but not a "wow" atmosphere either. We live in the area; we will return.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We moved here a few months ago and have spent many, many dates nights at Blue Moon. It has a large bar, relaxed atmosphere, great food and you feel like you just belong here. Everyone is friendly and it feels like you've been coming here your whole life. It is on my list for places to take family and friends when they visit. Oh, and don't forget the amazing views of Lake Onalaska!

1  Thank BJStella
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My family and I ate here to celebrate Mother's Day and my sister's graduation from college. We had called a few days in advance to reserve a table because we were a group of 10. Had no troubles with that. We arrived at 1 PM - everything was ready for us. They served breakfast until 2 PM so we had a choice between breakfast or lunch items. Our waitress was simply outstanding - she was very friendly and kept our beverages filled without us having to ask and she was very efficient in clearing our table when we finished with plates. I ordered the Griddle Buster, which was two eggs, choice of pancakes, french toast, or waffle (i chose waffle - delish!), and choice of breakfast meat - i had sausage patties. I also ordered a side of wheat toast. Needless to say, I cleaned my plate! My sister also ordered the same breakfast and enjoyed it as well. Our other family members ordered lunch items, and a few added the one trip salad bar to their sandwich as well, which also had soup on it. I sampled some of the beer cheese soup that my dad had gotten off the salad bar and it was VERY good. The salad bar looked like it had lots of options, and I know you could get the salad bar all you can eat for $5.99. My mom had the prime rib sandwich which was like a french dip and I would have ordered that if I was feeling like lunch. My husband ordered the buffalo chicken melt, which he said wasn't too spicy. The menu was pretty standard with lots of choices and very reasonably priced. For 10 of us to eat, including beverages and a few appetizers, our bill only came to a little over $100. It was a very good experience and I will remember this one next time I am in the Lacrosse area!!

Been to Blue Moon Restaurant? Share your experiences!