“My second extended stay (over Christmas)”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Raleigh, NC
“My second extended stay (over Christmas)”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 8 days over Christmas last year and we had a great experience thanks almost exclusively to Jeff, the Assistant Manager. Because of him I decided to stay here again over Christmas this year; we stayed for 11 days this time. I knew I was happy with the room we stayed in last time (second floor, back of the hotel away from the freeway, and right between the stairs and elevator) so I wanted to see if I could request the same room. I kept forgetting to call and ask for it right up until the day I was getting in to town. I called up and happened to get Jeff. I didn't expect him to remember me, but he did. Not only had he remembered me but he had already noticed my name on the list of people checking in and put us in that same room. I was extremely happy! He is always in a good mood and is willing to help with anything to make your stay a good one.

The hotel was getting new tvs last year, and this year they were painting and redoing the baseboards in the lobby, first, floor, and third floor. It's nice to see that they are doing things to keep the hotel looking new, and it didn't interfere with us at all. I believe they avoided booking anyone on the 1st and 3rd floors, but I'm not positive. I know that we didn't hear a thing.

My only real complaint is that the walls are extremely thin. If there is someone staying next to you then you'll be able to hear them very clearly. I think we have been spoiled by staying here during times that the hotel is fairly empty -- not many people go to Wisconsin in the middle of winter! But when we have had nights where people were next to us, we had to use a white noise app on our phones to drown it out. I'm not sure that the hotel could do anything to prevent that at this point, it's just how it was built.

Overall the staff is great and helpful, the hotel is very clean and kept up-to-date, and we will definitely stay here again on our next trip.

Room Tip: Stay on the backside of the hotel to avoid the freeway noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager29873, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback about your extended stay with us. I'm happy to read that you were happy with the room and service from the staff. We will continue to go upgrades throughout the hotel. We hope to see you guys next year.

Happy New year & thank you again for the great feedback.

Thanks,
Jeffrey & the staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn Park, MN
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We came to town to visit our kids at Christmas. The front desk clerk was very nice, apologizing several times for the renovation mess. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and had the crispest sheets I've ever slept on in a hotel. The breakfast was just fine.

We visit family in the area frequently and need a place to hang our hat for a night or too. The Microtel Inn definitely suits our needs.

We highly recommend this property if you just need a place to sleep. Very good value; we will return.

Room Tip: The hotel is really close to I-90. Next time we will ask for a room on the north side of the proper...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager29873, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the feedback about your first night stay with us. We are done with the renovations. We hope to see you again soon. Take care & happy New Year.

Thanks Jeffrey-AGM
San Diego
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was in town visiting family and had a great experience at the hotel. Staff was friendly and courteous. I would recommend this hotel to my friends & family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Manager29873, Jeffrey-AGM at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for the great feedback about your stay. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onalaska
Baymont Inn & Suites La Crosse/Onalaska
Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Onalaska
Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse? Share your experiences!