“Excellent!”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My family found the Microtel to be a very comfortable place to stay. The weekend we were there was a large dance team competition in the area. There were 2 teams staying at the Microtel. We had no problems at all with noise, crowding, etc. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of this hotel. We will be back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The front desk manager was fantastic in getting us checked in and accomodating our needs. We had a large group (26 people) and he did everything possible to make sure we were accommodated. Really appreciated his help; he goes above and beyond to make the guests feel welcome and needs are met (e.g., brought out extra table/chairs for us, etc…). We weren't expecting this and it was very much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Manager29873, Jeffrey Jensky-AGM at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks for the great feed back. Our GM is always going above & beyond for every gust here. Hope to see you all here again at the Microtel Inn.
SAINT LOUIS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I normally stay at extended stay type hotels. As there were none in the area, I checked out this property and a few others. I made a reservation here and at one other hotel. When I stopped here to check out the room before making a decision, the staff pulled out all the stops to get me to stay, even offering a reduced rate for a stay of about 6 weeks, just so I wouldn't check out the other hotel. I later learned that even though my second choice was a couple of bucks a night less, the Microtel was worth the extra I paid.

The room, even though it was situated right next to and behind the elevator, was very quiet unless someone made a lot of noise in the hallway. There were only two incidents where that was a problem, with some high school athletes in town for a tournament.

The property was clean, up-to-date, and well kept. There was some sort of burn mark in the carpet in the middle of my room, but it wasn't an issue for me for the rate I was paying. I really enjoyed the window seat over the heat and air unit. A nice feature.

Bathroom: water pressure was great, and I never ran out of hot water.

Continental breakfast was better than most, with a nice selection of oatmeal and cold cereal, several type of bread including bagels and muffins, two types of juice, fresh fruit and coffee.

Staff was extremely courteous and helpful, including going above and beyond to help me with some computer issues and printing some documents.

I missed the full sized refrigerator and stove from the extended stay properties, and the smaller room became a bit claustrophobic after a month and a half, but overall I was very please, very comfortable, and made to feel welcome. I was even given a very nice tin of Christmas cookies during the holidays. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Microtel in Onalaska to both business travelers or vacationers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Manager29873, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We thank you for the great feed back. It was a joy to have you stay soo long with us. Hope to see you again soon .
Thanks, Jeffrey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onalaska
Baymont Inn & Suites La Crosse/Onalaska
Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Onalaska
Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse? Share your experiences!