“Quiet, clean stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
USA
“Quiet, clean stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I was staying in LaCrosse for one night, as we had an early AM baseball game my son had to be at. I checked in early on Saturday... no problem.

The check in was easy. Waited one minute for the front desk clerk who was gone on a short errand. No problem. Elevator wasn't busy, took it up to find my room was about 20 feet from the elevator and just across the hall from the ice maker and soda dispenser.... grrr! HOWEVER, I never noticed the elevator or the ice machine until early the next morning when a hoard of loud, hung-over baseball parents where filling their coolers and complaining loudly that the ice machine "was empty". (HELLO! Your pals just filled up 9 full coolers with ice, ya morons!)

Bed was comfy. Bathroom and bedroom area was clean. Microwave is a nice touch, but didn't use it. Used the wireless Internet (easy to use) and fridge (very clean, cold).

Other than the loud guests at 6AM, the only complaint I had was that the hotel was illuminated from the outside by very bright mercury vapor lamps that made it appear that it was high noon instead of 1AM. The light blocking drapes were too short, and didn't go all the way to the wall for full closure. Minor, but I am used to total darkness. Also, the security door next to the lobby (the stairwell) wasn't secure. I didn't need to use my key to get in even late at night.

Check out was easy, just dropped off the keys and my receipt was already completed and under my door when I awoke. Parking was just outside the front door.

• Liked — easy access to interstate, restaurants and event
  • Disliked — bright lights outside of windows
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 29, 2007

This hotel met all my expectations for a Hilton brand hotel. I had a King room. The bedding, like other Hiltons, was very comfortable. I especially like their choice of pillow thickness and firmness. The room was clean and well kept. Breakfast was good. They have fresh chocolate chip cookies every day around dinner time. MMM!!

• Liked — clean, comfortable, internet
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beloit, WI
Reviewed September 12, 2005

We picked the Hampton simply driving by on I-90. The first impression was very good, nice looking. After checking room availability we were
offered a suite or standard room. Being later in the evening, we were given
a discount so opted for the suite. We were absolutely delighted ! Huge king size bed, jacuzzi, pull out sleeper sofa, fridge and microwave and a very large bathroom with walk in double shower.
With back problems I usually have trouble sleeping in hotel beds. This was
wonderful ~ we both slept like babies. We have now planned a fall getaway
and will definitely stay at this hotel !

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank jv50
Rockford, Il
Reviewed December 2, 2004

A great value is an understatement for this hotel. Spotlessly clean throughout and a staff that seems to truly care about your stay. I am a picky one when it comes to detail and my roaming eyes could not even find an inch of this place with even a spot of dust on it. The furnishings and the decor are both above the norm. Great breakfast too! Also if you have not driven south and north of LaCrosse on both sides of the Mississippi then by all means due so. The high bluffs and eagles soaring above are spectacular.

• Stayed November 2004
2 Thank Reospeedwagon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2004

My husband's weekend business trip brought us to the LaCrosse/Onalaska area. Typically, we always try to stay at a Hampton, but due to "Parent's Weekend" at the local universities, availablility was scarce. Our first night was spent at the Comfort Inn Onalaska which was a grave mistake. However, this review is about the Hampton in LaCrosse so that review is for another time. To make a long story short, we checked-out of our room and Comfort Inn as there was a "last-minute" cancelation at the nearby Hampton. We arrived hours early and I had resorted to the fact that the common area of the lobby would be my home for the next few hours. Quite the contrary; I was assigned a room in under five minutes. Not only was the front desk staff overly-accomodating (namely Dustin), but helpful and friendly to the Nth Degree. In comparison to our previous night's stay, this place was the Taj Mahal. We stayed in an Evergreen King room; a clean, updated room with an air purification system to boot. The room smelled exceptionally fresh and clean and was a welcome sight to my sore eyes. We stayed a total of two nights here and were in awe by how friendly the staff was. I saw the general manager landscaping, housekeeping cleaning at the break-of-dawn, breakfast bar being continually stocked, windows being washed -- need I say more? Dustin (the Manager) asked me numerous times how I was doing and how my room was. I'm always a sucker for Hampton Inns because of their consistency. Choosing any other hotel chain in this price range seems absolutely absurd.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onalaska
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Hampton Inn & Suites La Crosse Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Onalaska (La Crosse Area)
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Home2 Suites by Hilton La Crosse

Been to Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska? Share your experiences!