“Very reasonable rate even for holiday weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Mosinee, Wisconsin
“Very reasonable rate even for holiday weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've stayed here several times over the last few years for work and I thought they would be price gouging like the rest of the hotels over Memorial Day Weekend...Nope. Not them. The microtel was going for $100/ night + taxes and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for less than $87 inc taxes! Rooms come with hdtv fridge and microwave. Pretty good deal.
Staff also very helpful and nice to get a free upgrade even during a holiday weekend : )

Room Tip: Choose an even number room. They are on the opposite side of the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time and reviewing our hotel. We appreciate that you have stayed with us several times over the last few year and especially want to thank you for your kind review. I'm pleased to hear that our staff was very helpful and that we were able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is a dump. It has had a minor facelift recently. That means fresh paint, but old furnishings. Very worn and uncomfortable. The bed was hard to sleep in, no support for your back. No exercise equipment

• Stayed May 2013
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and try to make every guest experience a positive one. I appreciate you sharing your experience we us, so we can work to improve our hotel. Thank you again and happy future travels.

Travelers are raving about these Onalaska hotels

Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We visited this hotel as a Rewards member so we were able to stay for free. BUT upon arrival, we almost cancelled and went elsewhere. The clerk at the front desk had a very greasy shirt on...he looked terrible. Not the best first impression. We were told we could check in at 3pm but by 4:45, we still could not get into our room. Seems they were a maid short so we had to wait until almost 5pm- 2 hours later than the check in time. We had a family function starting at 5pm so the added pressure was not appreciated. During our wait, we went to look at the whirlpool, one of the reasons we booked this hotel was so that we could take a whirlpool after our long drive. Well, we were told that the whirpool had been closed since Feb. due to it not being handicapped accessible (didn't know that they ever were anywhere else). I was not a happy person at this point. Thank goodness that the room was clean or we would have left. Breakfast was less than desireable.

Room Tip: No elevators so request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel. I understand how important a first impression is and I would like to apologizes for the unprofessional appearance of one of my employees. I will address the check in issues you experienced with both my front desk and housekeeping, so this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Kewaskum, WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for a ski competition at Mt. LaCrosse. It was the third trip to the area in a month, and the third different hotel. This one was about 40% cheaper than the other two we stayed at. It wasn't as nice as the others, but it met my expectations. (We also stayed at this same lodging a year ago.)

The one thing that changed was that the hot tub / spa was closed. The manager on duty tried to explain to me the reason for it. Apparently if they don't install a lift for the disabled, no one can use the hot tub. I found this interesting since we've stayed at 3 other hotels during the ski season in Wisconsin, and never heard of this. Not to mention the main swimming pool didn't have a lift and was still open. (By the way, at least two places on the website still indicate a spa, though it's not an operating spa). On the good side, the pool was warm enough for us to enjoy swimming.

Our room and the breakfast were both adequate, about what we expect from a Comfort Inn. Nothing special, but clean and satisfactory. We were on the I-90 side of the building and didn't hear traffic, so that was good.

We'd probably be back next ski season, since the rates are reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience. I am glad that we were able to provide a clean room at an affordable price for you and your family. Our pool will remain open and a lift will be installed to meet the ADA requirements, but unfortunately our hot tub will remain closed. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

As an employee of a Comfort Inn at a different location, I would have to say this hotel could have been better. I hate to be one of those people who complain about things, but some things shouldnt go unmentioned. Upon entering the room I did my room inspection like I would do at my hotel. Room was reasonably clean with the exception of crumbs on the desk and hair all of over in the bathroom (shower, floor, toilet and sink/countertop) I could tell the shower hadnt actually been cleaned at all. Also I found it disappointing that the hot tub/spa was down for the weekend due to it being painted. That should have been a project to be completed during the week. I will say all of the staff was very friendly and helpful. So all-in-all not a horrible hotel, but could have been better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time and reviewing our hotel. We appreciate all comments and suggestions from each and every guest. I do want to apologize for the cleanliness issues your experience. I have addressed the issues you had experience with my housekeeping staff to make sure future guests do not experience the same issues. As for the pool and spa, I am very sorry for the inconvenience. We tried to pick a time of the year and week, were the least amount of guests would be affected from the pool and spa maintenance. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Sterling IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife had surgery at Mayo Clinic in Rochester. On January 8, we were driving home (about 400 miles) and were told that we should take a break every hour or so. She was very uncomfortable riding so about an hour out we decided to stay near the interstate and finish the trip after a better night's rest. We saw a Comfort Inn and decided to check it out. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful, even providing a map of the locale. I asked for a double room away from the Interstate, needing rest and relaxation above all. I was provided a super room. It was l;arge, up-to-date, squeaky clean and cheery, and tucked away from the hustle and bustle. As a frequent passer-by, I never noticed this general area before. There is every major restaurant chain and fast food nearby, as well as most national chain stores. We are happy we chose this inn. The price was great, the front desk was more than helpful, even coming up with a wine opener. The complimentary breakfast was above average. A maintenance man even helped with the rear entrance door when we left. I will stay there again when the next opportunity arises. The experience more than equalled the price. Great Value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking your time and reviewing our hotel. We appreciate that you stay with us and especially want to thank you for your kind review. It is great to hear that our accommodations were adequate and that our team member's were able to positively affect your stay. From everyone at the Comfort Inn, we wish your wife a fast and healthy recovery.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Pulled into the hotel. Checked in. Went to crawl into bed. Did my usual inspection of bed sheets, found hair all over bed sheets. Walked into bathroom. Hair on toilet seat. Called the front desk to get new bed spread. 30 min later Still no new bed spread. I will have to say out of all my numerous hotel stays this year (60 +), this is the worst one I have dealt with. All I wanted to do is crawl in to bed and sleep!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I understand the inconvenience of not have hair free sheets. When you contacted the front desk and requested new sheets, the front desk should of acted in a more reasonable/ timely fashion. I will address the issues you experienced with my front desk staff and make sure future guests do not experience they same issues. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onalaska
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Baymont Inn & Suites La Crosse/Onalaska
Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Holiday Inn Express Onalaska (La Crosse Area)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!