“Seafood + Mexican = YUM!”

Manny's Mexican Cocina
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Onalaska
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I came here for a Mother's Day dinner with my toddler and she stole the lobster right out of my enchilada. :) I can't complain though, her kids quesadilla was pretty delicious, too! We will certainly be back. I rate most Mexican places on a the quality of margaritas and free chips/salsa - and they delivered mucho!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Manny's is a lovely restaurant. The ambiance is very nice. My party of eight arrived at Manny's on mother's day around lunch time. The restaurant did not appear to be overly busy. There was no wait for our party of eight to be seated at a table. The server took drink orders, brought drinks, took the food order. Eventually a single bowl of chips and salsa arrived for our party of eight. Then the table server (rumored to be the wife of a co-owner) disappeared. During the next hour or so that we sat at the table, we felt neglected. Eventually, I got up and found another server who was very friendly and apologetic. However, she was unable to explain why our original server was neglecting us. We continued to wait.
A bit later, I approached a man behind the bar and asked for a manager. He stated that he was a co-owner (the one rumored to be married to the table server, I learned later). I felt a little embarrassed at having to deal with this problem on mother's day. We were there to enjoy ourselves, not to deal with problems. What was worse, the manager appeared to be more concerned about mixing drinks than helping a customer. I was VERY disappointed at the service, treatment, and apparent lack of concern.
At this point I informed the man that we were leaving. About that time the original table server showed up and was making excuses about it being mother's day. As I said in the beginning of this review, the restaurant did not appear to be busy. And, knowing it was mother's day, were they not staffed properly? The excuses were lame, and apologies were late. Very bad experience, and not the first time Manny's has left me with bad taste in my mouth. I don't expect to be visiting Manny's again any time soon.

1  Thank Islandheat
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Enjoyed dinner at Manny's while visiting the area; it is literally 250 feet from the hotel where we stayed and came highly recommeñded. Drink prices are quite reasonable and the menu featured a nice selection including quite the emphasis on seafood. My enchiladas del mar were exquisite; my wife's chimichanga was a bit soggy. The mole sauce was very interesting! A pleasant experience overall.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Can't go wrong with Manny assuming you want mexican. Very nice atmosphere, good food and cheaper than most nicer places, which still makes it pricy for mexican

Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you're staying on the north side of La Crosse or in Onalaska and are looking for the best Mexican in town, then Manny's is the place. Take this one from someone who lives in the area!