“A great seafood restaurant worthy of a larger city”

Manny's Mexican Cocina
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Onalaska
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been enjoying Manny's since they opened in their current location. It is always a treat and there are dishes here that rival the best I've eaten anywhere.

Their seafood is the best in the area. The blackened Ahi Tuna and various swordfish are fantastic. Their drinks are phenomenal...this isn't a place to drink $3 margaritas from a bottle...these are hand designed drinks.

I plan to spend $40 person for dinner. Get to know the menu and find your favorite dishes. Don't expect the traditional "Mexican" restaurant. Manny's offers up truly unique dishes for the La Crosse area.

1  Thank mrniceguy1102
There are newer reviews for Manny's Mexican Cocina

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Even though it is a bit pricey and sometimes the service is slllooooww, the decor is very cool and comfortable.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Love this place for Mexican inspired fish dishes. I haven't been disappointed yet by featured fish dish. Great chips and guacamole too!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Even though I rate this as high-end Mexican the prices are not all that bad. Every time I walk into Manny’s I feel as if I am on the Mexican Riviera. The décor, plates, glassware etc will remind anyone of the décor of a good Mexican resort. The wait staff and management are genuinely interested in providing a good experience as well. Manny's specializes in seafood with a very extensive list of menu items to satisfy those that like to pair seafood with Mexican. Their menu also has excellent choices for those that enjoy the traditional items you’d find on most Mexican restaurant menus. They have great appetizers and head size margaritas. Manny’s is fine Mexican dining at a reasonable price for the overall quality of the food and the atmosphere.

1  Thank RelaxasionVacation
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I'll start off by saying I have been here once before and had an overall good experience. The food was good, but nothing amazing otherwise. I had a very poor experience tonight though. It was a Wednesday evening around 7:30pm, there were a number of people there but it was far from busy. When my girlfriend and I first got there, we waited 5 minutes to be seated despite no one else being in front of us waiting. There were 4 staff members at the bar talking. When we were seated the waitress (Amelia M) took our drink order almost right away and brought us that. We told her we needed a few minutes to look it over. That was the last we saw of her for 10 minutes. She came back and took our orders and we had to ask for the chips and salsa that we saw on other tables. By the time she brought us that, my drink was empty but she didn't offer to fill it. There was only one other table with people at it in our area, so I know she wasn't busy. After about another 10 minutes she brought that other table their food (they had already ordered by the time we sat down, so I knew already we would probably be waiting a while for our food considering we had been there for over 20 minutes at this point). She again didn't stop to ask if I needed a drink even though by now both mine and my girlfriend's cups were empty. When she came back to bring the other table something else I just happened to be pushing the ice around in my cup and I guess that got her attention. She brought me a drink a few minutes later but not my girlfriend. She then brought her one a few minutes after that. It took our food another 15 minutes from there to come out. Each of us got a basic burrito, something that takes 3 minutes in every other Mexican restaurant. Amelia never once came to us during that time to offer us more chips, or apologize for the delay, or anything. We ate our food and decided we wanted to get fried ice cream. Unfortunately it wasn't for 20 minutes after we finished eating that Amelia finally came around again. The fried ice cream came fast and she was quick to get us our bill and ring us out after that. No surprise though as they were coming up on closing time by then. We ended up being there for over 1.5 hours. We were also never offered refills again despite our drinks being empty again by the time we got our food. So we spent like 45 minutes or so just sitting there with empty cups while we ate. The server was friendly and seemed in a good mood and not busy at all, but she clearly had something distracting her elsewhere because it's truly one of the worst experiences I've ever had in terms of service. As we were finishing up another waitress who was helping in a different part of the dining room actually came and picked up the bill, she was very nice and also told us to have a good night as we were on our way out. I wish she had been our waitress. Overall the food is good and worth the visit, but the service (while friendly) was terrible.

1  Thank flipzmode