“Bertrands is now Paz's Point Comfort”
Review of Bertrands Point Comfort Place - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bertrands Point Comfort Place
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bertrand's Point comfort recently changed hands. We visited last night and had a very nice dining experience. I ordered a bottle of wine and the waitress brought me a glass. She was very nice when I corrected her THEN she brought out and poured the wrong wine. I said "that's ok we'll just do with what you brought". The manager came out and INSISTED they correct the error, and even let us keep the first two glasses from the wrong bottle. Now for the food......Two of us had different cuts of steak, both were excellent! Only one problem......they were not hot from the oven, must have been sitting on the server tray awhile. My wife had the blackened bacon wrap shrimp and it was phenomenal! All servings were large and came with salad or soup with TWO additional sides of your choice. We all enjoyed and will definitely be back.

1  Thank RonW763

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The review by Dave P of May 9th, 2013 was accurate then, but Point Comfort is under new management/owners and deserves another look. Minimal redecoration has been done since take over; but, the new owners are added Peruvian and additional items to the menu along with increased use of a smoker. Some menu items are gone, The new owners were the former managers of Senor Tomas in Hartland, Wis. My lime margarita was good while my wife enjoyed a gin and tonic. We ordered a Hubcap combo--three smoked meats and choice of three sides that are served in a hubcap! The sliced brisket was excellent--juicy, tender, with good smoked flavor. Chicken was good, and the ribs fell off the bone. If you like bleu cheese, try the bleu slaw. The full Peruvian menu is not yet up and running at this time, but two specialities are: Lomo Saltado (Steak stir fry), and Aji De Gallina (shredded chicken in a spicy creamy parmesan, nut sauce). I was given a sample of the shredded chicken and that guaranteed my return for that speciality. There is no happy hour as of this writing, but the margarita and gin and tonic were $10.00 for the two--reasonable.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

When I first moved to the area several years ago, we would stop here for a fish fry at least once a month during the summer. We found the food, and service to be good each time we stopped. For what ever reason, we found other eateries to stop at and have not been back appx 1 year. We recently stopped back for a fish fry and was extremely disappointed. We waited almost an hour for a table, once we were seated we waited at least 15 min for our server. Our server did take care of a table across from us without saying one word to us. This table did receive a second order of their fish fry from our server before we were told she would be able to take our order.

The fish fry is not the same as it was last year, smaller portions and not as tasty, and warm not hot.

It will more than one year before I return again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food was good, ribs a little too much dry rub, steaks were great. Drinks a bit too high. Service was excellent, very attentive and friendly, also very good ice cream drinks. Seems to have an idenity crisis on weekend, fine dining in the dining room but country westerm band plaing in the other part of restaurant (singer in bare feet). Not sure how to take this place.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went on a Friday night - nothing impressive about this. Just average. Food was okay, service was a bit slow, but it was Friday. I like to go out and relax - not feel pressured to eat & go, so I most likely will not return - I like a much quiter place.