“not living up to the expectation”
Review of Stone Bank Pub & Eatery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stone Bank Pub & Eatery
Cuisines: Pub
Oconomowoc, Wi
“not living up to the expectation”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Sadly, they are not living up to their potential. We have tried three times since the new owners (who are not Irish) took over. We will not try again. It appears to us that there is great turnover in the servers and kitchen staff and it's only been a few months. The last visit - we got there early on a Friday; ordered immediately, and didn't get our food until 1 hour and 20 minutes later...and then it was only after flagging down the manager, and when it arrived, the food was cold and the fish was tasteless. We did not get good service or an apology from the waitress, only that they "were short staffed'. No kidding.
The manager Brenden appears to mean well, but the service, the ambiance, the food are all below expectations. Would not recommend this place.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Wisconsinpeople

Oconomowoc WI
“Local disappointed”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went to check out the new "Pub". Awful, I hesitated to write a review at first as they had not been open that long and I am a local, always hoping this place will find its own and thrive , but seeing the reviews posted someone needs to speak up. Bartender didn't know how to make drinks, no fruit in a brandy old fashion sweet? Where have you bartended before in Wisconsin? Waitress said she had no experience, and showed it. She was a friend of the owners. Prime Rib was not good, no flavor, not tender. Don't hire friends, hire professional staff.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Chief400
Hustisford, Wisconsin
“Good eats & great beer!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Has a great selection of both domestic and micro-beers. Menu had a good selection and food was very good. Not extremely pricy for the area.

Visited September 2012
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Friday Fish Fry”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is the first time I have had a fish fry at this restaurant,but believe me it won't be my last. This restaurant just went to the top of my list for a Wed. or Fri. fish fry. Got seated right away and while we were looking at the menu the waitress took our drink order. Drinks came in a couple minutes and she took our order,she brought us out some cole slaw,potatoe salad.& 2 kinds of breads.It only seem like 10 minutes & the all you can eat fish fry was there,the potatoe pancakes were the best I've had since the last time my mother made them, the fish was thick & moist with a thin coating & by time I ate my meal I didn't have any room left to order more fish & I can eat a lot of fish. Trust me on this one, you will love the all you can eat fish fry.

• Visited August 2012
Juneau, Wi
“My New Favorite Fish Fry”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Always lookin for a better fish fry and I think I got a new favorite. We were greeted and seated with a big smile. Drinks were ordered , Big selection of tap beers , one of the few places I found Shock Top. Before we ordered Melanie delivered a bread basket which had some type of sweet bread and rye bread , both really good. We also got a dish of potatoe salad and a dish of cole slaw. We were kinda confused , did we already order ?? was the waitress a mind reader ?? When you are older than dirt you do tend to forget things but NO everyone gets those with any order. Then we did order , we got the all you can eat cod . It came with a choice of potatoes , we went with the home made potatoe pancakes with apple sauce and were glad we did , Best I ever got in a restaurant , better that my mama made !! We thought it couldn't get any better than this but the New England Clam Chowder was unbelieveable , not your typical out of the can Cambels stuff , again homemade and all I can say is WOW !!! Lookin for a Great Fish Fry in a Great place with friendy , happy people ?? Ya gotta try this place !!! I bet their other stuff is good too. We will be checkin it out soon .

• Visited November 2011