“Very nice Hilton - gracious staff, coffee in lobby, spacious rooms”

Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Philadelphia, PA
“Very nice Hilton - gracious staff, coffee in lobby, spacious rooms”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here twice in December while visiting friends in the area. We have stayed in numerous Hiltons, and this one ranked as one of the better ones in terms of the graciousness of the staff, spaciousness of the rooms, and even snacks in the spacious lobby (nice to grab a snack and hot cup of coffee after trekking around all day). We also appreciated the small business office off the lobby with 2 PCs and printers, enabling us to print boarding passes.

The price we paid was very fair. The location was easy to access from the highway. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My daughters and I spent a weekend at the hotel. The room, lobby, etc. were all clean and inviting. The staff was friendly but not super helpful. For example, my Hilton honors expired but they told me to just try calling sometime...you'd think they'd be able to help sort that out. Also, we never received our bill the final morning so we had to go to the lobby to check out. I'm not sure when the last time I had to formally check out of a hotel. Plus at $175/night (including tax), it was very pricey.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very convenient location to I-94, and price was better than anything comparable within the corridor west of Milwaukee. I arrived after dark on a cold, wintery night in January, and was immediately impressed by the warm, spacious lobby/restaurant area - not at all what you expect from a hotel right off the interstate, but something Hilton Garden Inns always do right.
Check-in was the easiest I've ever had out of probably 100 in the last three years, which is saying something. No need to pull out a credit card or dig around for my ID while juggling all my bags, just fast and friendly, as it should be in 2013 when everything was done online a week prior.
Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Nothing fancy, but everything you need, and very, very quiet, which was also great. Water pressure in the shower was also excellent.
I had breakfast in the morning at the in-lobby restaurant, which was far better than I was expecting. Great omelet, very good hasbrowns, and great coffee.
I didn't use the pool or the fitness room, but both looked very clean and inviting. Business center was nice, although only one of the two PCs was working.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Denton, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel was an excellent value! The room was quiet, well furnished, very helpful staff. The wifi was even good! I would highly recommend staying here when in the Oconomowoc area. As a major plus, there is a Starbucks in the shopping center just in front of the hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Ramsey, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed while visiting my family for the holidays. The hotel was clean and check in and out was easy. I didnt have a great experience with the staff, and it was a little spendy so I dont plan on returning, but if you are traveling for business it would be great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here while visiting friends in Wisconsin. Efficient and friendly staff, exceptionally clean facility, great fitness room, restaurant, and lounge. Right off the highway near Brennan's Market...excellent wine shop...cheeses...must visit while here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lora G
Crest Hill, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

i came to oconomowac for a christmas program for my grandaughter. we normally stay at this hotel when we come up to visit my daughter and grandaughter. it is in a convenient location to the highway. it would be nice if there were vending machines available for after hour food and drinks. we were very hungry when we arrived and no food available.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
#1 of 2 in Johnson Creek

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc? Share your experiences!