“HGI”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Madison, Wisconsin
“HGI”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice. The hotel staff are some of the best I have experienced in all my travels. Especially the desk staff and housekeeping. Food was great, but could use more sweet pastries for breakfast. The health trend is over and you should offer comfort food.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank billy o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed here many times since the property opened and have been pleased with each stay. Much of the staff is the same from when the property opened. They are friendly and professional and seem to remember and acknowledge me when interacting with me.

The property is well kept and always clean. They recently refreshed the lobby and now offer coffee, tea and flavored water at all times. It's nice to be able to have coffee mid-afternoon without having to walk across the street to Starbucks.

My only criticism is that the fitness center and pool close at 10 pm. It'd be nice if they were open 24 hours or at least unti midnight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank BuckyBadger123
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was a very interesting experience. First, there is nothing open after 10p in Oconomowoc and this hotel definitely takes advantage of this, to the detriment of travelers. My bags were delayed, and I requested a few toiletries from the front desk. Desk Staff politely told me that I could purchase these items. I was very surprised, because I've never experienced this in any Hilton. So I called Hilton Honors, and they were apologetically less than helpful. I have choices, and Hilton will be losing future business from me.

I had the "do no disturb" on my door. After day 2, janitorial staff removed it and entered the room anyway. I was very disturbed by that because they didn't do anything necessary. They replaced two towels and removed two others. And they just threw the cover back over the bed, rather than actually making the bed. I believe, and will always believe, the only reason they entered was for less then noble reasons.

I requested a high room, and I made my reservations months prior to the stay. Upon my arrival, I was told they only had rooms on the first floor. That wasn't true, because there people in my group who arrived after me, and they were not on the first floor.

The room was a basic room, nothing special. The rooms had microwaves and mini-fridges, so if you stay here don't waste money on the over-expensive breakfast. Overall, if you desire hospitality, and those who care about your business, I would strongly suggest that you find another hotel. I was told that the Staybridge was very nice.

Room Tip: I really doesn't matter, hotel staff won't honor requests unless they feel like it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JperiodSMITH
cody g, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve and that we’re known for giving. This is not characteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I’ve spoken to our staff regarding your feedback and can assure you this matter has been addressed. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My parents and I stayed here a number of times as we visited my inlaws. This is hotel is in a easy to find location with plenty of restaurants close by. It's also not too far from Milwaukee which makes it an easy stay if other hotels are booked while you're in town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Charlie S
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Tis is my favorite hotel in the Milwaukee area. It is close enough to Milwaukee but yet provides a great retreat after a long days work. The hotel staff is always great. The indoor pool is great year round.

Room Tip: Stay on the east side for a great morning sunrise!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Mickey2go
upstate ny
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel my last 4 trips to Oconomowoc on business. Hotel is very clean, has good food and a staff that are eager to please. Highly recomended!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank camviperride
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn in Oconomowoc is a great place to stay. The rooms are very nice. A bedroom, bathroom and a little living room. Everything you need for a stay. They have two TV's. A bathtub and shower. On the side of your bed theres a little what it looks to be a weird timer, is a comfort notch, you can turn it closer to "Firm" or "Soft". The restaurant is very nice. The staff is kind. The hotel gives you newspapers everyday.
4-1/2 Stars from me!

Room Tip: Choose the other "King Sized Bed Suite" or the "2 Queen Sized Suite". For a goo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Alex K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
The Country Springs Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc? Share your experiences!