“Not worth the money”

Ranked #62 of 85 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I thought I would give Butch's a try because I have eaten at the restaurant in Milwaukee,
I ordered the regular 12oz filet for $29 dollars, medium, my date ordered the same.The salads came and so far so good. Then the steaks came, We expected a juicy steak and what we got were tough butterfly cut tenderloin. That alone was a bad sign. The steaks were cheap cuts of meat. The young waitress was clueless. I complained that the steak was not up to par and she just apologized without doing anything for us. We paid and left but I don't think we will return.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our first visit to Butch's in Oconomowoc and we probably won't return. We have been to Butch's in downtown MKE and enjoyed it. Disappointed in their west location. It started in the bar, when my wine glass had lipstick on it.When I alerted the bartender, he poured the wine into a new glass and topped it off, saying "you get that with automatic machines"... not even an apology! Really??? Dinner service was iffy..there seemed to be some confusion at first as to which server owned our table. Relish, soup, salad and bread were good. The steer filet was very good, but for $40, it ought to be. The normal NY strip was tasteless and kind of dry. The fries (more like thick potato chips) are great! Ordered the "chefs homemade" raspberry crisp for dessert and it was rasberry sauce with a scoop of ice cream...no "crisp in it at all. We sent that back. Overall, I think the place needs a remodel, (get rid of the old flowered wallpaper), more professionally trained staff, and top-notch steaks if it has a chance to make it in Lake Country.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just visited last night. Arrived at our reserved time, 7 pm, and were seated immediately. The service was average with quite long waits for our wine and food. The three of us all ended up ordering the same thing. The 8 ounce tenderloin with baked potato and salad. Mine done mr and other two medium. I ordered a side of shredded onion rings. The salads were exellent. Fresh, crispy and a healthy serving. When the steaks arrived the presentation was exellent UNTIL we started to eat. All done as ordered but TOUGH as nails. For just under $30 each for 8 ounces of tenderloin we expected much better quality. There are too many good places to eat in Lake country that have better quality food. It will be awhile before we go back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our first time at Butch's was not memorable. Serivce was not good, the food was just so so. For the prices that are charged, it is not worth that. The bar area is lovely, but we use to go here when it was Joe Armelli's so this was his creation. We have been back one more time to give it another try and would not return, it did not get any better.

Harley

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Tonight was our second visit to Butch's. The first was great, so we looked forward to another good meal. It was fantastic!! We met the owner. What a nice man! Scott, the bartender, made the best martinis and the cost of a martini is only $5.00. Then the meal - out -of this -world!! I had the chicken romano and my husband had a wonderfully tender beef filet. The waitress could not have been sweeter. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name. Finally, I had one of the best desserts I've ever had - creme brule. All of this for under $60.00. I highly recommend this restaurant!! Thanks, Butch for a fantastic night out!!