“Improvements made and now I will return”

Maxim's At Oconomowoc Depot
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Improvements made and now I will return”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

A few years ago I stopped in at Maxims and was less than impressed. This past Labor Day week, we stopped again for breakfast (always like to give establishments, the benefit of the doubt). Was pleasantly surprised on how well everything tasted....Service was fast, friendly, and abundant. Glad they reinvented themselves. Now I will visit on a regular basis.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“BEST FISH FRY IN SOUTHERN WISCONSIN”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

The only fish fry I know of that includes a fresh, cold, crisp salad and a hot loaf of bread along with all the other fixings. The fish is always hot and fresh. The only place we go.

• Visited July 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Surprisingly Good Breakfast!”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

On our way to Door County, we stayed over night in Oconomowoc and ended up at Maxim's for breakfast. I had a great omelet and the coffee was excellent. The name threw us off when we were looking for a place to eat but when we got there we realized we had stumbled on the kind of place for breakfast you always hope to find on a road trip--good food, good service,great value, a relaxed atmosphere, and charming atmosphere. This place is worth a stop!

Watertown, Wisconsin
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Went to Oconomowoc to try the Indian restaurant Mantra for lunch but bumped our nose on their door even though it was 45 minutes past their opening time. Turned out to be a good thing as we ended up here at Maxim's. I'm pretty picky when it comes to paying for a meal and as far as the food and service are concerned I do not have a single complaint. Ate with my brother and we were both very impressed with the quality of the food we ordered and the excellent service we received. I would have gladly given this restaurant an excellent rating except for the condition of their restrooms. To get to them you have to go through a dimly lit hallway that has dirty, grimy walls to end up in a dirty bathroom. Kind of brought my high from having a good meal down rather abruptly. All it would take is a few hours elbow grease and a bucket of paint to make the area more pleasant.

Hartland, Wisconsin, United States
“Close it down fix it up !”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This might sound strange, but, here goes.
Lake country people are affluent and like to be Welcomed and pampered at the choices made to shop at. Or not.
I believe you must use the bathrooms as a standard as to the service and product you will be expected to pay for. I have lived here 26 years and this place has not washed, cleaned, painted, or examined toilets in that time.That goes way back to Alice's time.
They need a visit by some Corporate management and are badly in need supervision.

I cannot refer to it as a restaurant, because it is not.
I cannot use the term Restrooms, because they are not. They are toilets and have always been disgusting. Knowing that their employees use these facilities is a big turn off.
Take the personnel and Managers (Owners) out on a "field trip".
Go to a Kwik Trip Store ;I.E., Hwy. 67 has 2 of them. Walk inside ,
It is bright, cheery and staffed with people waiting to serve you.These people are enthusiastic about your having choose them to visit..
This is the transformation Maxim's so sorely needs in Oconomowoc.

The food is not bad, but not so good either.,Quantity and price are fair, taste or presentation are not there.Spend some money, get it painted, make it fresh.
I will not continue to droll on, but, visit it through the eyes of a customer, not management.
Regards, David R. Wiesehuegel