“A relaxing and enjoyable dinner!”

The Lakeside Supper Club & Lounge
Ranked #40 of 84 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A New Spin on the Retro Supper Club.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A relaxing and enjoyable dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a nice Surprise! Went for a drive on a beautiful Saturday! Had dinner here with family and friend! The food was awesome! The Service was amazing... exactly what you want when going out to eat! The prices were reasonable as well. All around Great experience! OH, looking out the window to see a lake as well. Added Bonus!!!! Will dine in again for sure! Was worth the trip from Milwaukee!!

2 Thank HappyCamper3455

Mukwonago, WI
“Great atmosphere, service & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Beautiful lakeside setting. Inside our outdoor seating. Beautiful lodge like decor, warm and comfortable. Delicious food. The cast iron cooked salmon was the best!, one of our friends had the lobster BLT...delicious and very affordable. The wine selection is good and the key lime pie (if you have room) is to DIE for. We got one dessert to share for four people...yummy!

2 Thank Mary W
Wisconsin
“Annual Visit A-Ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I visit Burke's about once or twice a year, primarily for the view. I came for my birthday and had the shrimp fettuccine, which was very good in flavor, but a little dry. The service was great. I always get a little confused on the image: $1 tacos vs. steak and shrimp. It doesn't really jive. I never know if I should bring the kids, but then again.kids eat free on Monday, but it looks like finer dining and a place where I wouldn't want to have little ones running around. Anyway, good food, good view, good service. Use the coupon in the mailer for half off--makes it that much better:)

1 Thank Countess24
oconomowoc
“Recent visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Over the past 2 years we have been to Burkes several times and have been pleased with the food and service. However we had out of state friends visit and took them there a couple of evenings ago. The service was good but we were not pleased with 2 of 3 menue items. The half rack of ribs was good, however for the price I feel a dinner salad or at least a choice of potatoes other than fries should of been available. The portion of the nacho serving was generous, but the ground beef, cheese and salsa was mediocre.

Mazomanie, Wisconsin, United States
“Great food, great service and Guinness on tap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My fiancee and I were going to be passing through around lunch time, so the night before our trip I googled restaurants in the area. I chose this place for two reasons: it was on the water and it had Guinness on tap. Okay, I read the history of the place on their website and it sounded like a great place to eat. The menu was small but offered a decent selection at very reasonable prices.

We arrived shortly after they opened on a Tuesday 'fore noon and were greeted immediately. We were seated outside and had a great view of the lake which was across the street. We amused ourselves by watching the boaters and paddleboarders and decided the only thing wrong with the view was the big yellow arrow for traffic. My man, being a police officer and keen on most things traffic, pointed out that if not for the arrow traffic may end up in the lake. As amusing as I might find that, I agreed with him.

Our server was a very pleasant young lady and I wish I could remember her name. She made excellent suggestions on the menu which was a great help because everything looked so good. I had a difficult time making my mind but eventually decided on the salad and 1/2 sandwich (reuben - which came highly recommended, and would pair perfectly with the aforementioned Guinness) and placated myself with the thought that I would return another time to have their burger.

Drinks came quickly and the salads were right behind them. Great portion sizes, no iceburg lettuce (thank goodness!), and mouthwatering croutons! The sandwiches came shortly thereafter. My man's tomato basil flatbread was amazingly delicious. I will have to return a third time and have this too. My 1/2 reuben came with huge waffle fries which were supposed to be spicy. They were not spicy but very good plain with ketchup. I delayed trying my reuben in favor of the fries because I inevitably burn my mouth with the first bite of just about every reuben I've ever eaten. By the time I got to my sandwich the bottom was soggy. But the sandwich was delicious!

The server returned to offer us dessert. Who can resist?! We shared The Frookie - cookie dough filled wonton topped with vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate sauce. I wish I could tell you just how scrumptious it was but we consumed it so quickly I'll have to have another to be sure.

The only bad thing, if I had to say anything negative, was the bees. And I really can't complain about swatting at bees for the duration of our visit because, well, we did decide to eat out side and when you're outside... bees happen.

Loved this place. Can't wait to return to try the burger, then re-return to have the flatbread.