“Sit outside if the weather is nice”

The Lakeside Supper Club & Lounge
Ranked #53 of 86 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A New Spin on the Retro Supper Club.
“Sit outside if the weather is nice”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We love this spot. Nice view of Silver Lake from most of the tables. I have never had a bad meal here except for a fish fry one time. Last night was no exception. I had Pretzel encrusted chicken breast. Really tasty! It came with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. Cooked perfectly..I really don't like to judge a whole restaurant on a Friday fish fry. We don't go here on a Friday because they really are not a fish fry place. Another review commented about the traffic. Yes, on weekends that road is pretty busy but during the week we do not find the road a distraction.
I have one negative and that was the cocktail before dinner. Over priced for the ept forsize and amount of pour. Will drink beer next time.

• Visited July 2013

Oregon
“Not that bad and close to the WI67 exit on I94”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Oconomowoc is not a focal point for fine dining. Reviews of restaurants in this area emphasize low prices and large quantities. Burkes fits the general pattern. It has what could be a nice location beside a lake, but the road between the restaurant and the lake has more traffic than one might want for a pleasant evening meal. Our dishes were tasty, especially the desserts. Our waitress was great. The wine list was short and inexpensive.

• Visited June 2013
milwaukee, wisconsin
“Burke's Lakeside experience on a downward trend since my 1st review Nov 2010”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've been dining at Burke's regularly since my first review Nov 7 2010...primarily for Sunday brunch...and have finally decided that I'll dine elsewhere going forward.

In the last year, the menu has changed repeatedly, offering less choices (for example, omelettes are only served on flatbread) with reduced quality. On our last visit, it took 30 minutes to serve our steak quesadilla, and another 30 for our sandwiches. The restaurant was not busy. Most annoyingly, our server kept saying, 'your food should be up shortly'.

Always regrettable when experiences at a favorite restaurant deteriorate so significantly. The only draw would be the outdoor patio with a solid view of Silver Lake for beverages. Otherwise, I won't return.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jannaqq
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Friday night dinner”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Burke's since they opened. They did a super job on the interior.
We liked it so much that we would go once a week. Either for the Friday Fish Fry or another night for something different. The menu had a variety of items to choose from and the food was always good.
But, the menu has changed it is small and very limited. One night I had the whitefish instead of the fish fry it was ok, the next time I tried it it was room temp and tasted fishy. I noticed on the menu that one night( I think Tuesday) the whitefish is a special and then it was a Chef's special on Friday night. Makes me question the freshness of the fish. Now they charge for any change you want to make. If you want baked instead of fries, if you want more veggies instead of any kind of potatoe etc.
Really! you are going to lose a customer because you think a baked potatoe is work $2.00 more than a pile of fries. The icing on the cake my daughter ordered the whitefish is comes with green beans with almonds. We specifically said she is allergic to almonds please NO almonds. The plate comes with almonds! Sorry to say we won't be back. I don't know what happened it use to be a great place we looked forward to once a week.

• Visited April 2013
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“new menu”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our recent visit on a Sunday afternoon was a pleasant surprise. I had purchased a Groupon and we decided to give Burke's another try. Our first several experiences were ok. We started at the bar and just decided on a couple of beers to start with, the beer was cold and there was a great selection. The only problem was the bartender was in a hurry to settle our tab due to her shift ending in 15 minutes. We would have stayed for another beer but decided to go to a table where someone might want to serve us. We ordered off the lunch menu due to the time that we were there. I ordered a combination with a flat bread pizza and wedge salad my husband had a steak sandwich with waffle fries and a cup of chowder. Everything was excellent!!! The steak sandwich was tasty and tender, the pizza and the salad was fresh and tasty. i had a glass of wine with lunch and the waiter was knowledgeable and helpful with the wine selection. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited February 2013