“Upgrade”

Amalia's Family Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 85 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We've been coming to this restaurant for awhile now. The food is fantastic and as big the menu is, each dish is delicious. Just recently though, we went because I was craving for their chicken dumpling soup and stir fry. Three members of the party ordered the house specialty which came with ice cream for dessert. The waitress asked if we wanted to get an upgrade. We've had their cakes and they are just to die for. I've never had a more moist cake! So we all upgraded. My daughter who ordered a kid's meal also upgraded. When the bill came, each dessert upgrade cost.....$4.98! How is that an upgrade? I thought getting an upgrade from what was the free dessert should be a much reduced price. We were very turned off by this. We will definitely be back but will probably not "upgrade."

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had breakfast on Wednesday morning. Eggs scrambled,hash browns,sausage,and toast. Very good food and excellent service. Got there at 840 am and back in car by 903. Took my wife Saturday for lunch. I had the Sicilian burger with Sicilian fries and side salad all very good. Wife had a special, spinach pie with side soup. She said it was excellent.. We both left full and feeling good for only $20. This is probably my 24th time eating here in the last 15 mounts. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've been searching for this chicken dumpling soup for years...best ever! Nice, tight dumplings, and on the menu every day.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was really disappointed. I was hoping that would be our occasional breakfast spot since we just moved to the area but we were disappointed on the flavorless food and runny egg omelette.

AmaliaIsabella, Owner at Amalia's Family Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

We pride our selves on great food and service. I apologize we did not give you the best that we can give, unfortunately mistakes can happen. I hope you would be willing to try us again and give us another chance....I would encourage you if something is not right with any meal that you let us know so we are able to correct it....we want you to have the best dinning experience possible. We try to tailor our food to our customers....we normally serve our omelets on the softer side.....but if you like it hard or more well...or your hash browns crisp instead of soft we can tailor it for you. I wish I knew more about your experience so I can figure out were we went wrong. Please contact me so I can make it right. Thank you for letting us know a mistake was made because if i don't know about it I can't fix it.
Theresa Perez
Owner

Reviewed September 27, 2012

First time in Oconomowoc, so we weren't sure where the restaraunts were. We saw this one first and stopped. There was a line of people waiting to be seated and we almost left to go somewhere else, but I'm so glad we didn't. We were seated in under 5 minutes even though they were packed. Our waitress was prompt, friendly, the food came out quick and hot. It was delicious. I got eggs benedict--plenty of hollandaise sauce and the hash browns were extra crispy. :) My husband got waffles, eggs, and bacon; all very good. Love the atmosphere, the quaint setting, and the local art on the walls. We would definitely eat there again.