“Very Nice Staybridge”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Grayslake IL
“Very Nice Staybridge”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

This staybridge is awesome super nice and clean rooms very clean i wish i could move in this is better then my apartment! very nice courtyard laundry facility greatroom is really nice is well very spacious stayed at my staybridges this one is the best.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The hotel is about 1 year old and still feels new. The front desk employees greeted me with a friendly smile & were very fast to check me in, still providing me information about their breakfast & where the amenities in the hotel were located.

It seems previous posters had problems with cleanliness. The hallways, breakfast area & room were all very clean. I paid extra attention to the cleanliness of the room and found nothing that needed attention. The bathroom was spotless, the linens were clean and fresh & the kitchen was clean including inside the fridge!

I stayed in a 1 br suite. The living/dining/kitchen combo is large & open. There is a spacious bar with 2 stools, a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave & 2 burner stove. The desk was real large & had a comfortable chair. The arm chair & sofa bed were fairly comfortable & the HDTV was nice. There is a DVD player attached to the TV.

The bedroom had a great king size bed, large dresser & another HDTV. Only minor complaint is that you have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. The hotels 2 bedroom suites feature 2 bathrooms, so if this privacy is a big issue, I'd suggest getting the bigger room.

I enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast- good coffee, fresh cut fruit, scambled eggs with salsa & sausage. I was pleased. There is a cool media room adjacent to the great room with a large screen TV & surround sound. Outside there is a nice patio, basketball (sports) court & putting green.

The hotel is very convenient (about 30 seconds) from I-94 and about 5-8 minutes from downtown Oconomowoc. I was very pleased with my stay & would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
SandLHospitality, Manager at Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Dear coso333,
Thank you so much taking the time to review Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc, and share your positive experience with others. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, our complimentary continental breakfast, and the "Just like home" theater room. We appreciate and value your feedback, and your business, and we hope you will stay with us again soon.
Sincerely, Erin Ruppenthal, S&L Hospitality
Knob Noster, Missouri
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We checked into a 1 bedroom suite. As I was helping my daughter open the sleeper sofa, we noticed dog hair all over the sofa and pillows. We found human hair in multiple drawers in the bedroom and bathroom, hair/dirt on the toilet, dried urine on the toilet seat and spilt coffee on the side of the kitchen bar. All the surfaces were dusty. My husband and I went to the front desk to tell them our room was filthy. We have never complained about the lack of cleanliness in a hotel room before, but couldn't let this slide. The staff member apologized and found a different room. We had her accompany us to the new room for an inspection. It was cleaner, but we still found hair in the drawers. She said she would have housekeeping reclean the room. We ran into the housekeeping manger in the hallway who apologized: "I am sorry about your room. We had a lot of check-outs today and the girls had to hurry to clean the rooms." I told her this was no excuse. When we got into the new room, the hair was gone from the drawers, but there was still a layer of dust on most surfaces and dried urine on the underside of the toilet suite. We spent about 20-30 minutes cleaning the room ourselves before we would use it. On another note, I went to the front desk to get an extra towel, since we only had two in the room and there were three of us in the room. The manager at the desk asked, "Weren't there any towels in the room when you checked it?" I replied yes, but two was not enough for three people. He said I should bring the dirty towels to him and he would give me more. I was shocked. The only nice thing about this hotel was that they had a decent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Judy S
Mpls, MN
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Location being 30 miles outside Milwaukee is the main issue, but overall very nice, I will stay their again. Their breakfast is a little weak but most of them are. Nice little evening appetizers were good also.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The staff was very nice at this hotel, but the room was abysmal for $138+ a night. Dusty furniture, sticky floors in the kitchen, a big red stain on the wall by the toilet, and the shower did not drain properly leaving us to stand in water past our ankles. There was a large bloodstain on one of the pillows for the pullout sofabed, and no linens provided for the sofabed. We asked for linens and washcloths (there were none in the bathroom) and the very nice young man at the desk delivered sheets, hand towels (no washcloths - he said the hand towels WERE the washcloths) and an empty duvet cover instead of a blanket (or a duvet). At that point we decided it was all good enough and went to bed. At midnight the smoke alarm battery started chirping. Rather than waking my mom and daughter to change rooms, I decided to lie there and put up with it. All night long. It woke my mom at 4 AM and SHE lay awake the rest of the night. She reported all this to the young lady at the desk the next morning and got a mumbled apology. I will never stay at a Staybridge again by choice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank michigantraveler9
SandLHospitality, Manager at Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Dear michigantraveler9,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments on our friendly staff. We are so sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us and have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping team. Please know we regularly replace the batteries in the fire alarms, but it happens from time to time that a battery goes sooner than our replacement schedule. Again, I truly apologize for the inconvenience and the poor night's sleep this caused. We hope you will give us another try.
Sincerely, Erin Ruppenthal, Hotel Management
orlando, fl
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I was concerned about staying at a "business" hotel with our young children, but there were plenty of families the weekend we were there. While we didn't really use the kitchen it was nice, fully stocked with nice plates, glasses, etc. The beds were very comfortable (even the sofa bed). The rooms were also really quiet, we never heard other guests in the hallway, or traffic on the nearby busy roads. The free breakfast was great, hot eggs and bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, muffins... much better than I've found at other hotels of this type. The pool was typical of a hotel of this type, the fitness center is exceptional. The staff was friendly and attentive to the few needs that did come up. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I had occassion to stay at this facility while a major dog show was occurring at The Olympia, nearby. This hotel was the definition of perfect service, well kept facility and comfort for the traveler. I would definately recommend this facility to any traveling along 94 or staying in Oconomowoc, WI and will most certainly stay there again. The staff of this facility are absolutely fantastic. They are a member of the Holiday Inn family and is one of the best I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
#1 of 2 in Johnson Creek

Been to Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc? Share your experiences!